Which is better for eating bristleworms...?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by DJISIS, Jul 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DJISIS

DJISIS Astrea Snail

I have a bristleworm problem.. I try to be very careful on how much I feed, but still have lots of those ugly little pest. Which would be best for distroying them?... Arrow crab, I have one that was given to me right now, but he is missing an arm and a leg.. no joke, so I'm not quite convinced that he's not just disabled and not able to catch them, but he seems to be completly oblivious to them... even when I can see them right next to him.. OR a Sunrise Dotty back?? I was told that they make quick work of bristles as well. Can't get a CBS, because of my Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.. I also don't want anything that could be too aggresive to my peaceful fish.. Any suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

i would say a sixline wrasse, I love mine, he is always looking for food and picking at the rocks. Mine is very peaceful and does not bother anyone. Also, one of the most beautiful fish imo.

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

+1 on the sixline, Ive been looking to get one my self they are a great addition to a reef or fowlr tank

5. DJISIS

DJISIS Astrea Snail

Thanks guys! I had heard of the sixline being good for picking at flatworm eggs.. stuff on glass ect., and was thinking of getting one for that purpose, but if they eat bristleworms too, AND they're friendly, and pretty... sounds like a win win for sure!!
    Any down sides to the Sixline??

6. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

Mine didn't do squat about my flatworms, but very nice lookin fish, good personality, gets along great. Glad I added him and would do again in the same situation.

7. Jakerupe

Jakerupe Skunk Shrimp

Neon Pseudochromis

I've had luck with these and the arrow crabs, but when the worms are gone it isn't long before the fish is too. I've also been told that the tank raised ones may not eat worms. My six line wrasse... I haven't seen eat them but then again I don't see any :-/

8. Click Here!

9. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

+2 on 6 line wrasse

10. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

as with all wrasses it could go carpet surfing so be careful if you have an open top tank!

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Can get very territorial if added early in the stocking process...best added late.

Has been know to terrorize particularly mild mannered little fish. If it can intimidate a smaller fish it most likely will. But generally not a problem.

Never stock two lined wrasses in same tank...

That being said,

[​IMG]

Wrasse never had problem with other fish in tank including mandarin.

[​IMG]

Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Six Line Wrasse) - Sept '05 Fish of the Month
    (Matt Rogers)

Family Reef Tank - Sixline Wrasse

Sixline Pics

12. ser_renely

ser_renely Bristle Worm

they go after bristle stars?