I love my sixline!

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by omard, Aug 7, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Sixline Wrasse

Scientific Name: Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
    Family: Labridae

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Pics
    Besides its incredible beauty, it is great fun to watch whizzing around tank, playing in heavy water current and "schooling" around with other fish.

It is a fish with wonderful characteristics.

It will eat flatworms, bristle worms, small nuisance snails (esp. those that prey on clams) and is known to act as a "cleaner" to other fish that might be afflicted with some parasite such as Ick.

I often see it carefully inspecting my larger fish, which will hold still for it to do so.

While it does carry a bad rep for being overly aggressive, mine is the most docile, mellow and fish friendly in the tank. The reason being it was the last fish to be added to the population, other then my flame wrasse, which it does not bother at all. It seems to be that they will not tolerate new fish.

He has lots of personality and fun to watch him following around my coral beauty which his best friend.

The only downside that I have heard of, is that it also loves copepods which will put it in competition with other pod eaters, such as mandarins. But my mandarin is a fat little sausage so does not seem to be a problem in my tank.

So for a cheap, colorful and playful addition to a already established fish population, consider adding a sixline wrasse.

It is the perfect reef fish.

I love mine.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

I think one of these might be my next fish.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sixlines are great. I love how they swim too! They coast right over rocks and can stop on a dime.

1 person likes this.
  5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Look'en at ya...(click on pic to enlarge)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Mine got bullied around for a while but seems to be getting along pretty good with the others. They can be quick little burgers when they want to be. I would recommend one.

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Only six line I ever loved was the one I have now and the six lines happen when I bump her elbow when she is applying mascara.. ;D Maybe a 12 line some days :) I never loved a fish unless it was tasty ! ;)

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"Love" is in eye and heart of beholder...;D

10. 21fisher

21fisher Plankton

Love, love, love, my little six-line (can you tell by the icon?).. He survived a painful tank crash when my one eyed flame angel got fish ich. The ich moved to the wrasse, whom I quarintined quickly and got better.. Unfortunately, the flame angel (respectfully known as "One-eyed Willie") was sent to fish heaven. But since then, there have been no problems and the Wrasse is happily swimming around lookin' cute :)

11. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Our six line is great. Love watching him dart in and out of the rock. He is always on the move...

12. fishpoop

fishpoop Feather Duster

hmmmm im thinking i may have to get one of the wiked fish!!! hmmmmm