Resolved What is this and can I cut it?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Peredhil, Jan 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

nu-uh ;):p

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Personally, I'm thinking sponge...

I haven't felt it... yet. But what you're thinking is the concern I have, it's the "pre-calcified" ... unhardened yet? I don't know if it grows like that though or if it grows more like the way SPS grows.

I've waited a few weeks... 2 or 3 maybe... It's more opaque is really the only difference I can describe.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

This would be Firefox 3.5.6 on XP SP3

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

So where are your sponge threads. I have a couple that are starting to irritate me.

And ya... it looks like the same stuff on my Candycanes. Sponge, but it does not really grow or spread much.

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is strange and was happening before new site too. I just double-checked permissions and members are allowed to edit own posts indefinitely. I will have to send a query to the software peeps on this one. Looks like a native bug so far. Will add to bug list.

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I have pinapples, ton of hydroids, the grey mat stuff, but not the stringy one. I have a purple one. I've tried to get rid of it but impossible. Sort of don't mind that one. Then I have a white tubey one. That one get long and grows real fast. That one pisses my off. Tried to get rid of it , but short of breaking the rock down and scrubbing, it ain't gonna happen.

10. Francophile

Francophile Plankton

I have the same sort of thing happening at the base of a toadstool coral....I've been afraid to move it for fear of doing irreparable harm to it. Good to hear everyone's advice here.