SpectraPure 3reef Member Sale

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

bump - a very good deal indeed IMO

Steve

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye.. I was about to change all the filters (including membrane) on my old 60GPD SpectraPure and then I remembered this deal. Hard to pass up.. I'm excited! 8)

5. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Can someone explain to me the difference between the SpectraPure MaxCap and ProPlus RO/DI units?? I am just learning all this. I know I need an RO/DI unit, and don't mind the extra $100 if it is worth it.

SpectraPure Customer Appreciation SALE! 20% - 50% off

Thanks
    Mark

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hi Mark - the MaxCap is a top-notch RO/DI with some nice features like a boost pump which can be important if your tap has low pressure as an RO filter requires about 60psi to run optimally. I wrote about the 100 UHE - the top of the line one - a while back:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/spectrapure-maxcap-uhe-100-ultimate-ro-filter-70183.html

That one also has a membrane flush to extend its life.

Great stuff, if you have the money. I went for the ProPlus as it is still a top-notch RO/DI for that price.

7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The MaxCap does not have a booster pump. The UHE does though.
    The MaxCap is a dual DI system unlike the Pro Plus. The MaxCap also uses an individually hand tested and guaranteed RO membrane, a 0.5 micron absolute rated prefilter, a 0.5 micron carbon block and the first DI stage is the MaxCap resin. The ProPlus uses a 1 micron prefilter, a 1 micron carbon block, a batch tested membrane(still much better than any other vendors) and has a single SilicaBuster DI cartridge.

The UHE is similar to the MaxCap but is controlled by a microprocessor and uses a booster pump and solenoid valves which allows it to run at a true 1:1 water ratio since it backflushes the system with stored DI water, not like imitators which use tap water to flush. It also uses the 0.2 micron ZetaZorb prefilter which is unlike any other. Costs much more but is well worth it if you are concerend about wasting water and being Green.

2 people like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great summary and thanks for the correction!

10. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I owned both a 90 GPD MaxCap and a dual membrane 180 GPD MaxCap before taking the plunge into a MaxCap UHE. They are all top of the line systems very different from any other RO/DI system on the market. I would recommend them to anyobody looking for a new RO/DI no matter how much or how little water they need to make a week.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye, it's the only brand I have owned... they wet-test their membranes prior to shipping... sold me... excited for my new ProPlus to show up!

12. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and purchased the MaxCap. Being patient and learning, but I can't wait to get everything here and set up. Appreciate the advice.

Mark