SpectraPure MaxCap UHE 100 - The Ultimate RO Filter?

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The SpectraPure MaxCap UHE 100 is one of those things you have to see in person. Since seeing it at IMAC West this year, it has been haunting this 3reefer. Let's start with the amazing 1:2 ratio via microprocessor control. :eek: That is 2 gallons of RO water for 1 gallon of waste water! And how about a integral boost pump? (No more low-pressure concerns) Still not enough? Then how about an automatic periodic pure water membrane flush extending the life of your RO membrane?! :eek: The SpectraPure MaxCap UHE 100 RO filter could very well take the crown for the ultimate RO filter around today.

[​IMG]
    Spectrapure MaxCap UHE Ultra-High Efficiency 5-Stage 100GPD RO/DI System

• MICROPROCESSOR UHE CONTROL MODULE:
      - Ultra-High Efficiency Module - Low Waste system (1:1 or better).
      - Integral Boost Pump: Operates even in low supply pressure problem areas.
      - Automatic Periodic Pure Water Membrane Flush!
      - Membranes last longer! No more TDS Creep!

• HIGHEST EFFICIENCY PRE-FILTRATION AVAILABLE:
      - Our best 0.2 Micron (Absolute) Zeta-Zorb Sediment Filter. 5X more dirt holding capacity than a 0.5 Micron Filter!
      - Our best 0.5 Micron high capacity Chloramine removal Carbon Block Filter. (20,000 Gallon Chlorine Removal!)
      - Pre-Filters last 2x-3x longer in the UHE system as less waste=less water thru pre filters=longer life=more money saved!

• BEST OF THE BEST RO MEMBRANE:
      - Highest quality DOW Filmtech Membrane
      - 100 Gallons Per Day (or more!) with High Rejection, long life!

• ULTRA CAPACITY DUAL STAGE DI:
      - MaxCap™ DI has 3.5 times more capacity than a typical mixed bed DI cartridge. Cuts DI water production costs in half!
      - SpectraPure’s Silica-Buster™ DI maximizes silica & phosphate removal.

• ACCESSORIES INCLUDED WITH SYSTEM:
      - (2) In-Line Dual TDS meters: Accurately monitor filter changes. No more guessing when to change DI.
      - Liquid Filled Pressure Gauge: Monitors Pre-Filter changes.
      - Filter Wrench: Helps remove Housing Canisters.
      - Dual Electric Float Switches: Automates system to fill an atmospheric storage tank (open reservoir) of any size.

"This 100 GPD RO/DI System combines our innovative UHE™ 1/1 Technology with our MaxCap™ Technology to create a water processing system that produces High Quality, Ultra-Pure water while reducing water consumption and waste by four to ten times over other systems. Produce 100 gallons per day without compromising membrane life or system reliability!"​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a SpectraPure 60GPD that is 12 years old and still going strong. But this thing makes me want to upgrade. I might have to get a job! :D

matt

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

And just how much is this little gem???

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Why is this always the first question? ;D
    SpectraPure has models that are as cheap as $150. I recommend them because they wet-test their membranes prior to shipping insuring purity. But this is their top of the line/spare no expense model - and I've seen it for as low as $800 if you search. So those of you with all the top of the line gear will have to tell us how you like it! :)

5. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

So wait a second - you put 1 gallon in, you get two out? How's that work?

1 person likes this.
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No - that's 1 gallon of waste water for 2 gallons of RO water. Not 1 gallon total water. Most RO filters produce a lot of waste water that goes down your sink or you water your plants with, etc.

EDIT - CAUGHT MY 'WATER WATER' error in first post. Changing to WASTE water. Thanks Zack. K+ ;)

7. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

That's what I was thinking.

When you say "2 gallons of RO water for 1 gallon of water water" - that sounds like "2 gallons of RO for 1 gallon of un-purified water" - if that was the case, I was hoping they would make a beer dispenser. 6 pack goes in, 12 pack comes out. 8)

Sounds like an awesome RO unit!

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

If that were the case it would pay for itself even faster! :D

Thanks for catching my error - I fixed it.

1 person likes this.