Pseudanthias dispar (Dispar Anthias) - FOTM March '06

Discussion in 'Fish of the Month' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 1, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Dispar Anthias (Pseudanthias dispar)
    There are many different Anthias to choose from I have picked Dispar because of it's smaller tank size requirements
    [​IMG]
    Picture from peteducation.com

Reef Safe:Yes

Attitude: Peaceful

Diet:can be a challenge in coaxing them to eat and may need to be fed two or more times a day. The natural diet includes plankton but they will adapt to a variety of diets including flake food.

Care:Antias are reef dewellers that live in schools. They are hermaphroditic so if the dominant male dies the largest female will change.

Origin:Indo-Pacific, Maldives

Personal Observations:I do not personally have these types of fish but will soon. They schoole very well if several females and one male are kept. They add beautiful colour to any reef tank.

Feeding: needs to be fed twice a day or graze on algae clips. Pellets, Flake, and any food high in veg should be fed to these fish

This Fish of the Month submitted by Jason McKenzie. Thanks for becoming a 3reef Contributor and earning 50 karma!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Matt, when are you gonna make the Neocirrhitus armatus fish of the month man!?!? ;)

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Gotta love the anthias...i had one...the day before a power outage :(...poor little sunburst anthias!