New site bug thread

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Seems to be the usercp, Matt's aware of this and is working on it. In the mean time change the skin from the footer on the bottom. Seemed to work for me.

2. Click Here!

3. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

I don't see it at the bottom...?

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[​IMG]

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I have just tracked down the source of the skin chooser bug.
    A solution will need to be coded. Please continue to use the chooser in footer pictured above to keep this issue to a minimum.

SOLVED. READ THIS:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-f...-skin-random-bug-has-been-resolved-79665.html

SOLVED. READ THIS:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-f...-skin-random-bug-has-been-resolved-79665.html

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Glad to see the skin bug fixed. It was getting frustrating.

I am having a problem with blank pages. A few treads just come up with the title at top but no page. Happened in a couple of threads. One thread I got, but when I tried to reply it was a blank page. Now today, I got a couple of PMs, but one I tried to read and just got the blank page. Could reply to user from another PM, but could not read the one.

I am a work and wierd things do happen like blocking, but don't think that is it. Don't really know.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks please let me know browser and OS and next time it happens if you can record the steps to recreate and/or grab a screen shot I will take a look. I think this happened to me once last week. I haven't seen it since. :p

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

IE and XP. It just happened when I tried to view the "150g money pit" thread. I think it is show off your tank forum. I tried to go there to do it again and give you a link, but the entire "show off your tank" forum came up blank page. I get all the colors, and header, and title where I am at, but nothing else.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Try it now. I removed the pic in the description... may be messing with layout.
    Which IE?

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Damn you are fast. Works now and viewed the thread too. Not sure what is up with the PM.

Also, just to be clear, not sure if it is a bug on your site, or just agressive filtering here at work. So might not be a site wide problem, just perticular to my work network.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool. Which version of IE are you using?
    I doubt it's filtering.
    More likely is that pics are messing with CSS layout. If you can use a different browser, please try to open that PM, if you can, then hit reply and CC me if possible so I can look at that PM.