New Site Bug List

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, May 30, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Updating Java did not work either.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Turned Windows Firewall off completely , no luck.

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Yeah, didn't think it would be the firewall. Might possibly be 8.1's version of Windows Defender (antivirus/antispyware), though. You can get Avast or AVG for free from CNET.com. JMO, but personally I'd rather have a reputable name in the security department guarding my PC rather than Microsoft's new default minimal protection plugin.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

We always take all the Microsoft plugins out. Strip it down to the basics and add what we want.

Mr. Bill likes this.
  6. Mr. Bill

Same, here. AVG antivirus and ZoneAlarm firewall for me. I've used that combo with great results since Win98. :)

Corailline likes this.
  7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I turned Defender off and still no dice.

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Well, I'm stumped. I'm now logged in with IE 11 ... still no problems... and I'm not even using compatibility mode. :confused:

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Mr.Bill have you tried window 8 and 8.1? I do think that is part or the root of the problem.

Mr. Bill likes this.
  11. Mr. Bill

I'm thinking the same thing, but no, I haven't. I don't have access to an 8.0/8.1 machine. I wiped my HDD and downgraded to 7 about a month ago due to the vast array of compatibility issues.

FWIW, Matt stated that he had the same problem at home, but not at work. Unfortunately, he didn't mention what platform he was using or if they were the same...

Corailline likes this.
  12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for your help here Mr. Bill. I use a Mac and Chrome at home. I only saw the issue that 2in10 and Corailline have on the first load after I updated the Latest Threads Section. Once I reloaded it was fine.

@2in10 - sorry for the hassle - thanks for trying different things. Perhaps we can narrow it down.

Hey zesty - Did you try just adding the link without using the video button in the editor? I believe that will just post a link or am I mistaken? EDIT - I AM MISTAKEN. IT DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY. Hmm.. I'll look into it.

The video does have dynamic size to fit your screen width now on desktop or phone.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Mr. Bill likes this.
: 3reef