My Rebounding Reef Aquarium

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I really like the BN and the undata. Rare that I could keep enough of a BN that intact during transfer to end up with a nice sized colony.

Cardinal is photo bombing.

Cameras are so much more fun when you learn how to use them. Those images turned out nice and crisp.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

THanks JOhn. I am definitely enjoying the camera now. :)
    matt

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks Cheryl! I learned how to get correct exposure. That made a big difference. :) I am manually focus'ing too which I think is easier for getting the coral you want to focus on.

Cardinal was photo bombing nearly every time! :lol:

matt

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Matt, there is just something about smaller tanks that make me smile really big. I think it's because of the fact that I don't have enough patience to take care of one of them. Maybe it's because I'm a bit lazy too=) This is a great looking tank and I appreciate you taking the time to show it to us. BTW, I'll take some of that undata =)

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the kind words Daniel. If you ever get a nano, I highly recommend a doser - saved my tank! If you are ever in northern Cali - I can frag a bit of that undata for you! :)

matt

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Update

Hi all -

Been a while since I did an update here. Attached are a few new photos of my tank.

See more photos here:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/my-5-month-review-sicces-hyperkoral-146423.html

Things are going well. I only have one coral that is grumpy a neon acro - I think it's placement. I will move it soon. All others are doing great.

Last month I installed my Reef Angel controller and completely rewired my tank. Expect a full install thread soon. I will link it here.

My alk has been steady at 4 meq/L... good mag .. I was a bit high on calcium but I lowered that in my doser. I need to test it now.

The only drag lately was the loss on one of my Bangaii Cardinals. It was 3 years old. Oddly I read that they live 2 years in captivity and sure enough the next week I found him dead on my Vortech. He is survived by his mate. Gotta be lonely in there - only 2 fish total since I removed the Sixline.

I put my Warner Marine MF-121 back in the sump with the new impeller now that I am done testing the Cad Lights skimmer.

I am going to lower my lights 1 inch and install my pH and ORP probe soon now that I received my probe holder.

I'm having fun. Cheers! :)

matt

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Too bad about the Cardinal. I remember when you had surprise babies. You need more Cardinals, your fish load is so low, a lot like mine.

I would be curious to see your phos level, your coral are getting the pastel ULNS look to them. Nice pinks and yellows, light green.

You're using which ATO pump?

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks. I might get more when I am done tinkering around.

ULNS? Is that good? :)

I'm using an old school gravity float mod'd out with a Tunze mag:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/kent-float-mag-mod-106674.html

Couldn't be happier with it. :)

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Great colors Matt, looks like the changes are serving you well. I am thinking about the amino supplement you have been using since it doesn't cause skimmer troubles and your corals look so good.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks John. Did you start using Hyperkoral?

Here is a shot from yesterday with the pumps off before a water change. Tank is doing great. Good growth going on.

Attached Files: