Marco rock, reefcleaners rock, or brs rock????

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by DBOSHIBBY, Feb 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

I'm pretty sure its the same rock, but they might have two styles, base and flat. I'm biased towards reefcleaners b/c John personally e-mails you, and his products (both CUC and rock) are awesome. I bought a 50lb box to replace the LR in my 90, and there's no way I can get another 50lbs of that stuff in there, it's so porous and lightweight. 50lbs would be more than enough for your 65gal.

Oh, and you can write in the note section what size rocks you want, and he'll hand pick them out for you.

2. Click Here!

3. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I've purchased a total of 250lbs. of rock from John at Reef Cleaners. I must say, he has excellent service, quick to respond to emails and will do his best to provide and fulfill your requests. Always very porous and various shapes and sizes. If you have a specific request for what you're looking for, he's the man that will work with you. I'll be ordering more here soon for the 150. A++ to John @ Reef Cleaners!

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The rock John sends is awesome and you aren't going to get it cheaper anywhere since it's shipped free to the 48 states. It comes out to $1.80/lb.
    If you ask nice John will take the time to pack the sized pieces you'd like too.
    I just bought 50 lbs. and asked for 1 football and the rest grapefruit and oranges. And another 50 lbs all flatter. That is what I got.

5. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

Well I'm expecting my 50lbs of rock today. Bought CUC from him before and was very pleased. He is hand picking everything I want and as mentioned above...you cant beat $1.80 per pound. I will post pics when it arrives this afternoon.

Brian

6. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Def go with Reefcleaners. I just got a rock shipment from them. John has amazing customer service (emailed me personally within 5 minutes of placing my order). HIGHLY recommend them!

Also, here is a picture of the rock I recieved from them just last week

[​IMG]

7. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have never used reefcleaners rock, but i am very happy with the marcorock i am currently using.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Radar644

Radar644 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

100 pounds marco and 20 pounds marco slab. recieved it in 3 days.
    [​IMG]

10. boostednlinefor

boostednlinefor Fire Worm

I'm glad I got the Pukani rock. If you look at the pictures, most of the football sized pieces weigh about 5 lbs. The 50lbs is actually way too much for my tank and I'll only end up using about 35lbs.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/live-rock/started-playing-my-pukani-rock-104899.html

The Pukani is much lighter so you won't need to order as many pounds. In the end 35lbs only cost be about $12 more than 50lbs from reefcleaners and about the same as marcosrocks.

Look at the Pukani and there are so many holes and crevices. Seems like a TON more surface area than the other options.

I got in on a group buy to get a discount on the rock and ordered a few other things with it to get the free shipping.

11. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I have 35 LBS of Pukani in my 84 Gallon...check out the pics.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/fods-84-gallon-half-round-99897.html

50 LBS might be too much in a 65 Gal tank if you go with Pukani. I have never ordered rock from ReefCleaners, but I have with Marco. Size/weight ratio between Pukani and Marco are HUGELY different. Pukani is very porous and has more nooks and crannies than any other type of rock I have seen.

12. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Lol now I'm going back and forth between pukani and reefcleaners.
    I do like the look of the pukani rock.
    How many lbs would u say I need since its so much lighter?

Never thought I would get a migraine over choosing rock lol