Leather toadstool question

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by laurat, Apr 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Agreed Omard , i recently purchased one about 10 inches tall witha head aorund 6 inches in diamiter, and for 2 days it remained closed ' after the 3 day it began to open and now after 2 weeks it's looks very vibrent and healthy
    of course i have it sitting about 10/12 inches below water line with 3/400 watt halides hitting it .

Never under estimate the need for lighting' , if i were you Laura , i would seriously consider more light .

and stop moving it all round the tank, if any thing move it closer to the top where the head will barely pierce the water level, and then leave it.

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

I think cornfacereef is just playing around as if this site is a joke. Each post he/she makes has no relevance to topic and/or is just outrageous

4. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

That green hue may be algae and the toadstool might be sloughing. I would give it a bit of time...I had one completely close for about a week, and now it is bigger and more beautiful then ever...

5. chase19

chase19 Feather Duster

i agree with aquaboy if you read his/her posts there all stupid comments

6. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

^ agree with Baxter on that. The same happened to my Devil's Hand and was opened fully and doing great within 3 days.

7. cornfacereef

cornfacereef Astrea Snail

Im sorry you feel that way about me, Im a lot older than you and that is an insulting comment specialy when I know I'm new to this hobby.

Please bear with me in with these growing pains, Everybody on this site has been helpful.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

LOL, OLDER? OLDER? OLDER!?!?! YOU say YOU are OLDER than ME? The way i see things, you are person who has no purpose other than SCREWING things up for EVERYONE else to amuse YOURSELF. IM 14 FRIGGEN YRS OLD AND AT LEAST I DONT GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE TO STAB THEIR CORALS< DUMP HYDROGEN PEROXIDE IN THEIR SKIMMERS< AND TELL PEOPLE THAT COPEPODS ARE ACTUALLY "COED PODS" THAT "DATE" EACH OTHER AND "MAKE FRIENDS". I STOPPED BEING AN ANNOYING PAIN IN THE ARSE (AKA HEMMORROID) AT THE AGE OF 8. APPARANTLY YOU HAVENT HIT THAT AGE YET? HAVE YOU?!?!?

Dear other 3reefers, plz excuse my venting session. I hope cornfacethetruththatyouraloserreef STOPS RUINING THE SITE I TREASURE DEARLY.

EDIT BY ADMIN - THIS IS BEING HANDLED. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND I WILL DEAL WITH IT FURTHER IF NEED BE. THANKS - matt

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2008
  10. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Thanks Matt, its really been bugging me to see people who dont understand whats going on listening to his/her suggestions and between the times that others are able to warn them that they may actually listen to his/her "Advise". I dont wanna see a "Corals Dead, Fish Dead" thread because of someones ignorance and poor sense of humor.

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[​IMG]

12. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Some of my leathers have a green glow/shine to them. Im sure its just part of their colouration!!