Help with Coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by yowsers, Mar 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yowsers

yowsers Plankton

Hi, I'm new to this forum, marine aquariums, and it seems everything dealing with the two. I recently got what I believe is some type of toadstool coral. If anyone know the actual name, that would be very helpful. When I first saw it, the little tentacles were all out. But since putting the guy in my tank, one a few tentacles have come out and none in the recent past. Also, the color on the top of it has faded to a lighter color and it keeps tipping over (it can't keep itself stood up). Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong with it or know how I can help it get better? I have a few other corals in the tank and they are all doing great. Thanks in advance for everyone's help! By the way, it's in a 24G nanocube. THANKS!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

toadstools tend to sort of blaze their own trail in growth mine grew out to the side as well, what are your water parameters and lighting? i also believe that about once a month toadstools shed a layer of skin (very little) and ther polyps go in

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[​IMG]

To 3Reef!!!

Salutations! Glad to see you found way here!

Good timing! --- See: COTM - Mar '08 - Sarcophyton sp.

Leathers often do what you are describing when first introduced to new tank. If water params are in good shape, it will certainly recover and grow into a beautiful specimen.

Don't be alarmed if it starts to shed skin...that is also normal.

Good Luck!

Enjoy.

[​IMG]

The Tao of Marine Aquaria
    Tips for Our Hobby and Life

© 1997 Adam H. Whitlock
    Edited By Elizabeth M. Lukan 11/25/00

[​IMG]

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Might be a lighting issue. What kind of lights do you have?