DIY Filtration on 200+ gallon aquarium (w/three sided view)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Otty, Jan 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I like that! Instead of drilling the bottom because of tempered glass I can come down the OF then across the bottom of the tank in the substrate for the front and back feeds. So both of your OF outlets are 2"? The other little T in the wall with screens on them are your pick ups for the CL aren't they? Thanks for the suggestions.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Both my Overflows are 1 1/2

Ya the CL intake is that T with the screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can also see in the bottom pic the through and throughs I have as part of my flow.

J

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Excellent Jason, thanks for the reply.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Otty if its a perfecto tank I'd pass on it ! As I mentioned I have drilled 3 Perfectos and all 3 exploded ..The last two I actually called Perfecto and I was assured that they where not Tempered ... WRONG! Call and ask them then drill with caution. As for the Oceans Motion no sound at all I just re-piped a 800 Gal for a Co. Here last Thursday and added this Model O/M Its a very nice unit The smaller two way is just junk if you don't go with at least a 4 way its not worth the difference. But I'd get the 4 way that looks like this 8 way
    Oceans Motions

If you set up a 3 sided tank there are some other ways You can go for better flow But will need 4. 1.3/4 holes for the 1.inch bulkheads just for the O/M Plus 2 more for the drains and and all can be piped in behind a rear overflow bulkhead on the one end and plumbed to 2 more bulkheads in the overflow wall for the lower ports from the O/M and the two others can come over the top that way if you use Sch. 80 PVC and the gray pipe you will not have to look at pipe dangling all over your tank and nothing to see..Also might want to use the flexible PVC piping ? Pricey But worth it. But If you are sure its A Perfecto and If its Labeled tempered and you do not see a label saying untempered on the bottom glass be careful..
    In all Honesty I think I'd pass on this tank myself uless its so cheap you can't pss it up. And apply the loot to a A/G or Oceanaics that you know you can drill... Drilling is easy really some putty and cooking oil or 3 and 1 oil. But a tempered tank BOOOM! Maybe others here no Perfectos codes ? LOL They did not no them for my tanks Good Luck.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

The tank and hole set up, LS, LR, MH, and livestock for $1000.00 is hard to pass up. It has that much in LR in it. It is a complete running system, wet/dry filter, skimmer the hole chit'in kabootle. Perfecto is about 1 hour drive from where I live so I may go visit them if I don't get the answers I want over the phone. I really want this tank drilled. If they will drill it themselves then I will take it there. I am ordering a OceanMotion today and get some of the plumbing (Loc-Line) stuff on order. Did you see the post on the lights??? Have you ever used that type before??
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid