Otty's 265 (w/3 sided View)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Otty, Jan 28, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Well I finally got started on the wall mount 265 gal with 2 long and 1 short side view. I will post pics as I go with this project. Got the wall cut and frame made to set tank on. Got to move some electrical, finish the bulkhead as well as the drywall on the front side. Like they all say "work in progress"!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You can see my 55 gal running in the upper left corner on the stairs.

Love it when a plan comes together!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Congrats Otty thanks for showing us, keep em pics coming, its gonna be an awesome tank!!

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Thanks Turbo. Trying to get as much done as possible because the tank is currenty running at the sellers house so he gave me two weeks to get my place prepaired, plumbing ordered, etc.... I ended up with one of these Oceans Motions Going to have spray bars on the top and bottom of the front and back with each spray bar controlled by 1 of the OceanMotion valve on a closed loop. Tangster, and Jason McKenzie has been helping me out with the design, couldn't have done it (right) without their help. :thumbs_up I'll keep you posted with pics as I progress.

6. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Looking good bud!

Be sure to keep us updated!!

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Holly Cow Man, Your moving quick. Looks great so far, But it doesn't appear your daughter is overly thrilled :).

Keep the pics coming love seeing the progress

J

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

She was trying to help and was getting tired of being told no, don't touch that.....;D She really enjoys the fish and is excited to see the new tank. Thanks again for your help on the design! 3reef Rocks!

10. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

Damn, man! Did you only start your 55 back in OCTOBER? And now this?
    ;)

So how are you planning on squeezing the lights in for this beast? And can we expect another perfectly planned sump/fuge soon?

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

My 55 gal's 3 month birthday is today the 28th. I came across this from a friend and could not pass up the price, he practally gave it to me. The 3 400 watt MH I am going to mount horizontal so I can get more water surface to bulb contact. I mounted the tank kind of high in the wall because I don't want to bend down to look in the tank, I want it eye level when you come in the room. All I can say is I wish I would of went saltwater years ago, but I guess 23 years of FW got me prepaired for this...;D I want to take a vacation day tomorrow so I can work on it some more but I don't think Mommy will go for that..:-/
    I am going to try and use the 30L sump for this one for a while. The tank is coming with a full wet/dry filter running on it already, will have to choose which one I will run or I will turn my 55 into one....

12. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Well Otty you are certainly industrious- congrats on the new set-up - I will be waiting to see the final result (if there is such a thing with our tanks)