220 Gallons of Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by civiccars2003, Oct 22, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Still in limbo of what to do with the sump/fuge. Leaning towards using my 55 as a sump and my current 20 high as my fuge. To provide some more info on my setup, the 220 gallon has two overflows each with two holes drilled on the bottom (assume one for the reutrn and one for the overflow to the sump for each column), is this correct? I need a little help on what to do with this setup. The problem is its not in my budget to get a bigger sump/fuge, I would like to utilize what I already have.

As for lighting, I'm set on (3) value fixtures from reefbreeders.

The construction for the "in-wall" will start this weekend.

2. Click Here!

3. saltaddiction

saltaddiction Flamingo Tongue

i just finished my sump yesterday for my 220. i used 2 50g tough boxes, used 2 - 2" shower drains with 2" piping to connect them so i essentially have a 100g sump. Cost me roughly $150 and I have so much space to do whatever i want. I'm getting the remainder of the plumbing today so that i can run my pipes form the tank to the sump and back out.

I have to agree with the others on this one. I can't see the 55g being enough cycling for a 220g DT.

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Great upgrade. I am running this same tank now until i transfer over to the upgrade. Its funny how the dimensions of your tank report 3 different ways. Mine was sold to me as a 225 gallon and I've even seen it described as a 210. As for your holes I would use them as two drains and two returns. Simple and easy IMO.

5. civiccars2003

Can you provide pictures or maybe a link for the totes?

6. civiccars2003

Thanks. I a super excited. Youre correct on the dimensions with relation to the size, Ive heard it called a 210, as well. I agree with the drains and returns. One for a drain and one for a return for each column. As my dad always said... K.I.S.S.!!!

7. saltaddiction

I have more pics too as i made them. I can always post a link to the directory and you can browse through the pics. Let me know.

[​IMG]::)

8. Click Here!

9. civiccars2003

Yeah that would be great.

10. saltaddiction

11. civiccars2003

I have revistied a few things:

I will not be using the stand it came with. I will be building another one that will be designed into the existing wall studs. This will allow me to build the stand to a desire that will suit the sump underneath. I plan to use a 100 gallon plastic tote. This will allow me to tie my drains together and have one line into the sump. I will also tie my returns together allowing me to use only one return pump. (I could use some advise on a return pump.) As mentioned before, I will still be going with (3) reefbreeders value fixtures @ 90 deg optics. As for sand, I will be using standard play sand from Lowes (keep costs down). I will be purchasing another 100 lbs of dead rock in addition to my live rock from my remaining tanks. The rest of the equipment will come from my other tanks. This should be enough to get this build started. Tomorrow begins construction...:hehe:

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Sounds great- but, how did 2 rubbermaid roughnecks and two shower drains cost $150? Is this adding the price of other items as well?