BIO-ACTIF SEASALT: Tropic Marin's New Salt Mix

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Tropic Marin's new salt mix - BIO-ACTIF SEASALT will be hitting the stores in early 2010 and looks to be a stand out in the growing marine aquarium salt mix market with its incorporation of the unique REEF ACTIF - a naturallly occuring long chain polymer. In laymen's terms, this polymer will bond with both nutrients and water contaminants making them available as nutrients to bacteria and other animals that feed on dissolved organic material in the saltwater, strongly promoting the reduction of water contaminants. Very interesting!

[​IMG]
    BIO-ACTIF SEASALT: Tropic Marin's New Salt Mix

Tropic Marin® REEF ACTIF consists of naturally occurring long chain marine polymers that perform a unique dual function as an adsorber and bacterial nutrient in saltwater aquariums. In doing this it assumes a central function as the link between inorganic nutrients and the biological population in the saltwater aquarium. REEF ACTIF is suspended in the aquarium water where it bonds with both nutrients and water contaminants making them available as nutrients to bacteria and other animals that feed on dissolved organic material in the saltwater, strongly promoting the reduction of water contaminants. REEF ACTIF’s long-chain molecules can only be digested by specific organisms. This reduction in nutrients is always gradual and insures that there is never any dangerous oxygen loss in the aquarium as can occur with many other types of bacterial nutrients. Among the organisms that can utilize REEF ACTIF are the symbiotic bacteria which live in corals, sponges, tubeworms and many other filter feeding animals. The reduction in nutrients by REEF ACTIF operates so efficiently that corals and reef clams exhibit significantly improved vitality and display their brightest colors.

Tropic Marin's Web Site:
    Tropic Marin

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Looks like some pretty cool stuff now the only question is how much will it cost?

4. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

sounds neat,i don't think i want to be the first to try it out though.lol

5. 32Boom

32Boom Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm very impressed that they can do that w/ a salt. But, why not get RC and vodka/carbon dose if you want carbon chains? It seems like there would be only so much bacterially available carbon you could have in salt. Water changes would be a must for the effect to continue. I like controlling my carbon levels for bacterial consumption myself.

That being said, I will probably give it a try.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is a PDF of the Tropic Marin's new salt BIO-ACTIF SEASALT.

Attached Files:

7. lfckenya

lfckenya Spaghetti Worm

so has anyone used this?

Tropic Marin Reef ACTIF 100ml: Premium Aquatics

ive tried to look for reviews online but it seems no-one has reviewed the product! sounds interesting but i would need some evidence before making the purchase.

8. Click Here!

9. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

not sure

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is more popular in Europe than the USA I was told. I would love to read more thoughts on it as well.. need to hit the sites oversea and see what they are saying.