The New Euro-Reef VS Series Protein Skimmers!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Euro-Reef has finally released pictures of their new VS Series of protein skimmers that are hitting the stores this month! The Euro-Reef VS Series continues their efforts of high quality construction with price points for the average aquarium hobbyist. For example, the pics shown are of the VS135 - ideal for aquariums up to 135 gallons and with a retail price of only $289.95 including the pump! 8) :eek: We hope they made a lot of these skimmers!

EURO-REEF VS135: (11 pics below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VS135 Protein Skimmer Technical Specifications

* Capacity: Up to 300 gal
    Ideal Aquarium/System: 135 gal
    * Footprint: 10" x 11.5 "
    * Height: 24"
    * Reaction chamber diameter: 6 "
    * Inlet size: .75 "
    * Outlet size: 1.5"
    * Ideal Operating Water Depth: 7 "
    * Max Operating Water Depth: 9 "
    * Pump(s): VSP3
    * Power Consumption W/Air: 40w
    * Air Intake: 600-720 lph
    * Water Flow Through: 300 gph

SRP $289.95

Enter the VS Series

Handcrafted protein skimmers assembled with top quality extruded acrylic tube that is mechanically bonded to Heavy Duty PVC Type 1 sheet material. The same construction used on our top-of-the-line CS & RC series protein skimmers. Using proven EcoPlus pumps from Sunlight Supply, these skimmers are incredibly powerful and compact as well as efficient and AFFORDABLE!

Available in eight models handling aquarium systems of up to 1000 gallons, there is a VS skimmer that will provide you with the kind of performance and value you demand from a Protein Skimmer for YOUR aquarium system.

The VS Series skimmer utilize all the trademark Euro-Reef components including the PIN-WHEEL impeller, hand machined Venturis, Euro-Loc quick disconnect, Euro-Reef engineered turbulence reducing Transition, and easy to use outlet assemblies.

ALL HAND MADE IN THE USA!!

The price is right, the performance is awesome and the name is...EURO-REEF!

Protein Skimmers, Calcium Reactors, Turnkey Aquarium Systems, Media Reactors, Sumps and Systems by Euro-Reef

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I think they had a prototype at MAX a few months ago right? Euro-Reef has nice stuff, and will custom design stuff too. Their skimmers were too tall for my sump area, so they offered to custom make one, but it did drive the price up quite a bit.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah the one pictured is a beast at 24"x6" - I am thinking of getting one for this 75-show FOWLR my friends want to setup at this bar as that is a lot of skimmer for the money. I noticed the VS100 is only 20".

5. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Hmmm, absolutely no coning of the neck at all... interesting choice...

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not true.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009