RO/DI research question

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by techno2, Sep 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

So I have a RO unit for the house. It does the sink and refrigerator. Due to the very slow pressure, I clearly cannot use this for the tank water, although I do use it for top off. It is a 2 gallon per day unit that taked me 5 minutes to fill half a gallon.

Since I am researching all the parts for my new SW tank setup, I am looking into using RO/DI for the tank.

One requirement is that I still need to use RO for the house and the RO/DI for the fish. Does anyone know if the Typhoon III can be setup to send RO on one pipe and RO/DI out another ?
    EXTREME TYPHOON III 150 GPD RODI with Gauge & TDS Alarm & Dual TDS Meter

Then I can run a tube under the sing for the RO/DI and connect the rest into the existing setup in the basement.

Any other thoughts or ideas on this front ?

\Cheers

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Thanks,
    I took a look, nothing specific to this.
    I did get Dons email at AWI so I have emailed the question to him.

Thanks

5. airtruck

airtruck Astrea Snail

just hooked my extreme all up and have one line for ro with a close off valve and another for ro/di w/close valve/float valve works fine except it's so slow.. only have 25psi and cold water 150 gpd and i get like 24 going to take me like 2 weeks to fill my tank.

6. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

I hope I get more than that. I am up between 50/60 psi
    Still haven;t figured out how to connect it yet though. I did buy the 3/8 to 1/4 reducers though.

My current system has 1 intake, 1 waste, 1 that goes to a reserve and 1 that goes to the faucet. If I remove the reserve from the equation I think I am ok. Currentl unit must have an internal valve that sends to the 2 gallon reserve, then back through somehow to get the output.

Just havn't tackled it yet,

cheers