Grow LED Lamps by Sunshine Systems

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The Grow Series LED lamps by Sunshine Systems are some of the more stylish non-aquarium LED lamps we have found. The GrowUFO LED lamp shown below is simply out-of-this-world cool. 8) The GrowUFO has some equally far-out stats: 90 1-watt LEDs that exceed the output of a 400w halide lamp and 80% more effecient, 12ft square coverage, only 6 lbs. and 11 year life cycle. One wonders if Sunshine Systems has heard of reef aquariums? Regardless, the GrowSpot lamp (last pic) would work on refugiums out of the box.

[​IMG]
    GrowUFO by Sunshine Systems

And if the GrowUFO is not big enough for you, check out their GrowPanel Pro Series: 300 1-watt LEDs that exceeds the output of a 1000w halide lamp with 50ft square coverage:

[​IMG]
    GrowPanel Pro by Sunshine Systems

[​IMG]
    GrowPanel Pro by Sunshine Systems

[​IMG]
    GrowSpot by Sunshine Systems

The GrowSpot™ uses the latest in LED grow light technology to provide your plants with the perfect blend of light for fast & vigorous growth. Featuring the same high power LEDs as our GrowUFO® and GrowPanel Pro®, the GrowSpotTM packs a big punch.

The energy squeezing GrowSpot™ uses only 15 Watts of power and provides coverage for up to 5 square feet. The GrowSpot™ fits into any standard Edison (E27) light socket making it extremely versatile and easy to use.

$99 for the GrowSpot.

Home - led grow lights -Sunshine Systems

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

they suck for growing plants and suck even worse for growing corals. They are way to red heavy.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

FWIW there is a ton of these Chinese made "LED grow lamp" companies out there and none are the good, nor do they live up to the claims stated. One company wanted me to work with them and after researching them, I declined, just like a dozen other industry people. We don't want red spectrum, well, not in the amount these supply. Same deal with the LED UFO.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Red is good for plants though.. that is why the GrowSpot could work for refugiums possibly as stated in 1st post. ;) And didn't the old red 6500k saki halide bulbs grow coral like gang busters with with mega par? :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

yes, red is ok/good for plants, but these SUCK for even growing plants... My lighting experience is not limited to reef tanks...

Yes 'saki are 6500K, but, the LED's HARDLY match even remotely the spectral plot of the saki, not even in the remotest.

You should hear Sanjay's thoughts on this garbage, they contacted him as :lol:

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The growspots are different then the UFO, which is what I am commenting on. The Spot is probably fine and equal to the ones from SuperBrightLED, etc.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye... well stay tuned... I contacted Sunshine Systems today, so I am sure they will love to respond to your posts Gresham. AND I DON'T KNOW YOU. :)

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Soooo, what's your point Gresham? :lol:

11. jossmalo

jossmalo Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

This is a very cool find! I am exitied to see what Sunshine Systems has to say! The Glowpanel seams like it would be perfect for a sump, and the price rocks! They advertize that their $54, 14 watt panel replaces a 75watt MH!

My question is would this panel be an ok spectrum in a sump if I wanted to frag some, lets say, not so light intensive corals?

12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

not payin $100 for a fuge light either way when a $30 PC does great for growing chaeto