Current USA Italian Glass Pendant

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new Current USA Italian Glass Pendant caught 3reef's eye. It looks gorgeous! Fully adjustable arm means easy setting and moving for cleaning. HQI metal halide option makes this a nice setup, yet 3reef can't find out any more info on the halide option yet. Stay tuned!

[​IMG]
    Current USA Italian Glass Pendant

Do you have more info on this setup? Let us know!

Current USA 55W 10,000K/460nm Actinic Power Compact Bulb and Hanging Arm System Italian Glass Pendant

Front Page | Current What's Next

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not much to report yet... the halide option is not available nor is there any info:

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

That is the light I have installed on my 29g biocube. I dont have the MH. It is nice. One thing that I will warn people is that if you have anytype of lip on your stand, you will have to drill a piece of wood onto the stand and then drill the light to that.

It puts out a good quantity of light. It is on my mantis tank so I only have zoos, polyps, some leathers and a colt.

It was a little worrysome when I first set it up. I was petrified that the arm was going to come loose and the light was going to fall directly into the tank but so far so good.

I have had it now for a couple months

[​IMG]

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

well I just looked at the Marine Depot post that you put up...WOW I paid too much for it! LOL! That is a great price IMHO for that light!

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the info and pic schackmel!

Got a pic of that mount handy?

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

here you go. It is really supposed to go on the back of the tank (hence why it is not centered on my tank) but the tank was already set up so I mounted it on the side of the stand. I simply took a shelf out of the stand that I was not using and drilled it on to the side of the stand. I then drilled the fixture onto that piece.

When I started looking around at different stores that sells them, they just placed a small block of wood on the back of the stand it looks good.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Looks sturdy. Nice work. Karma for that...
    So is the height of the lamp adjustable via the cord?

10. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

pretty cool! i like these new modern art deco style aquarium fixtures. If it came in a MH that would be sweet! The only thing i dont like is the mount...it scares me a little considering a lot of stands are just made of particle board. Does anyone know the diameter of the arm? If it is the same diameter id feel more comfortable using the ADA mounting brackets for the Solar Arm

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is a good point. Possibly using bolts, nuts and big washers might help here. :worried2:

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

the arm is adjustable by a little dial/lever thing. I can lower it or raise it quite a bit. I dont know exactly how tall/low it can go. One day when somebody is with me to hold onto the lamp I will measure it!

If you look closely at the first picture right at the tank top you can see the little knobby thingy. That was what concerned me the most being in an open tank. I thought it would fall in because that would not hold. However I pushed around on it a little and it seems secure.