C-Skim 1200 Skimmer from Red Sea

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new C-Skim 1200 skimmer from Red Sea has 3reef really curious about its optional integrated neck washing system. Does this mean we no longer get to make skimmate popsicles with paper towels? ;D

[​IMG]
    C-Skim 1200 Skimmer from Red Sea

Click for larger image of the C-Skim 1200

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

i seen this yesterday in my new issue of aquarium magazine, it looks like a beast.

paper towel poop popsicles,lol i know exactly what u mean, lol

it would be nice to just beable to clean the neck on demand, but were do you think it washes it too? back in to the water.?

and it looks a lil over rated in tank size, you really think that skimmer could effectively skim a 300 gal FO, or a 175 SOftie tank,at 120gph. doubt it but could be wrong.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

;D

That is a great question. I'd like to know the answer to that!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Red Sea sent me a PDF with more info! 8)

(attached)

Some details on the neck cleaner option... which results in more questions! Is it cleaning all the time? Or just when you make it do so?

Attached Files:

6. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

CSkim 1200

Hey guys, thanks for the interest in our new C-Skim 1200. I can probably answer a few questions.
    First, the neck washing system is awesome. Simply turn the lever and all the scum is washed off the neck. This can make a 30-40% difference in the efficiency and is something the aquaculture boys have been doing for years. Now its all available in a hobbyist skimmer. It takes about 30 seconds and saves all the horrible cleaning we all used to have to put up with. In answer to the rating question, YES !!! Sometime ago we re-rated our skimmers using the latest available scientific data, and actually we reduced the suggested rating size as a result, something we would encourage others to do. The C-Skim has been tested extensively on really heavily stocked tanks over a long period, and the tech sheet provides details of the effect on BOD & COD. If you want to see it working, check out the following video on youtube.com: <A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3MeRwrgNGs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3MeRwrgNGs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param or simply search for "C-Skim 1200". It will be available soon and judging from feedback at trade shows, it's going to be big! All the best, Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  7. rudzy17

rudzy17 Astrea Snail

what's the price for this bad boy????

8. Click Here!

9. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

C-Skim 1200

I'll check with our US operation and get back to you. I should also be able to confirm availability dates for you.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That's an impressive demo in the video Steve, looks great and easy to use! 8)

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I just received more pics from RedSea. 8)

Attached Files:

12. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Very impressive. and very well thought out

J