ATB Deluxe Skimmers

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is a sneak peak at the new ATB Deluxe Skimmers coming soon!

[​IMG]
    ATB Deluxe Skimmer

COMING LATE AUGUST! FREE SHIPPING AND A FREE T-SHIRT (XL only) on pre-orders only (free shipping in continental US only)

http://www.reefspecialty.com/<wbr>Protein-Skimmers-ATB/c21_88/<wbr>p455/ATB-DELUXE-10.5-INTERNAL-<wbr>Protein-Skimmer---NEW/product_<wbr>info.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

looks kinda like the Vetrex AlphaCones. Any idea on how they compare?

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

:eek: Did you see the price tag on that puppy? Wicked skimmer though

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

oh those are purdy!!

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I would get an I-Tech for that price - they're much cheaper and basically look identical. I had the opportunity to see one of those in action here. Wow.

7. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

From what I have read, ATBs seem to be about the best balanced skimmer out there out of the box. They really have a lot going for them.

Seem a lot of people have not been happy with the first Alphas. The construction and materials are top notch as was expected, but many feel the necks are too big and are not well balanced overall. I'm sure Alpha will be correcting this.

8. Click Here!

9. ATB

ATB Plankton

Hello to everybody.

I am Anton from Austria. I am the owner of the company ATB.

About the alpha:
    The reason for the bad balance of the alpha skimmer is, that they have made a bad copy of us.

We had high development costs for our skimmers. First we had made the cone skimmers with a seam. We had made a lot of tests. Very much. The result shows our very good balanced skimmers.

Other company are making copies of our skimmers. But they all make a lot of mistakes. So it will never run perfect.

There is no reason to pump 2000 - 3000 L air into a skimmer. Because the air-water mix must be perfect. Otherwise there is no optimal skimming.

What is better? Much air and less skimming? Or lesser air and 100% skimming? On each size.

The deluxe skimmers are our latest development. Very high performance. Double bubble plate. The contact time for the bubbles are longer. 100% made in austria. (Not China). Smell absorbation. Overflow protection.

Best regads,

Anton

10. VeralteAquatics

VeralteAquatics Plankton

Boooo ATB

I am a professional in the hobby and came along this post doing a search for ATB skimmers for a client that had asked for information on them. After reading what the owner of the company said about Vertex, I will now convince my customer to look elsewhere for a skimmer. Vertex is a good company that makes a solid product at a reasonable price and for the owner of another company to go onto a public forum and do bashing is not only unprofessional; but just down right upsetting and wrong. Best of luck with the rest of your business, but you just lost a possible vendor with these outrageous statements.
    :cry::-[:cry::-[:cry::-[:cry:

11. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I own 4, looking into my 5th atb skimmer...A clean tank and healthy inhabitants is whats important to me, not politics on a forum (dont think it was that bad anyway....truth is hard to handle). All my atbs have outperformed every skimmer ive ever owned

Dennis

12. VeralteAquatics

VeralteAquatics Plankton

Dennis, It's not truth unless you own an Alpha?