zoos????????????

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by 150 split, Jun 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 150 split

150 split Astrea Snail

what is the best water flow and lighting to grow zoos. Trying to find a section of my 240 to start a zoo fram. is there any thing you can feed or do to make them grow faster and bring out the color more? Thanks for the info.

2. Click Here!

3. Nykademus

Nykademus Flamingo Tongue

Honestly it depends on the zoa, but they will pretty much live in a mud puddle in the back yard if you make them.

They will have different appearances in different areas of your tank as light and flow will change.

What I would do is make sure that they are on a sizable disk/plug and move them around the tank to see where you/they like.

4. 150 split

150 split Astrea Snail

i want to pick a section of my 240 to have a bunch of them like a farm so i have an are of high flow medium and low. i also will have 400 w mh over the tank with 20k xm bulbs so should they be right under the light or close to the bottom like shrooms?

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Zoa's like High Flow..... My mini-jet is aimed straight at them all the way up and their spreading like crazy....

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Zoas like brightly lit tanks with moderate currents. Luna

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

ok, moderate to high flow.... ;);) But mine like high flow, if you consider a mini jet 606 high flow in a 5.5 gal... ;D

8. Click Here!

9. 150 split

150 split Astrea Snail

Great thanks for the info, so do you feed them anything special. i use coral frenzy and my food is a huge blend of frozen food. i want to get the most color possiable. any suggestions?

10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I don't feed mine and they are multiplying like crazy... They get tons of light....

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

They get enough "food" from the lights(Zooxanthellate), just make sure you have good bulbs and replacement when needed. Luna

12. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Luna, you da man...... I hope I learn half as much as some of you guys know...

1 person likes this.