Zoom did his first molt!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Puffer Chick, Dec 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Well, my cleaner shrimp zoom did his first molt in my tank today! i came home from work, looked into my tank, and became really sad because i found Zoom stuck in a powerhead and thought he had committed suicide. The out of no where, out comes zoom! then i realized he did his first molt :D I feel like a proud mama like when a baby first walks :D so then i just picked up the molt and gave it to my puffer, he was happy :D

Sorry no pics :D just my excitement :D

2. Click Here!

3. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

Congrats, I was a bit freaked out the first time I saw my coral banded molt, it looked like I had two shrimp all of a sudden cuz it was sittin perfect on a rock lol.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahaha that's awesome!

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Way to go Zoom!!! He's a big boy now! lol.

Glad he didn't commit suicide.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea, he was already big as it is :D and yea same here, i was sooo sad when i thought he commited suicide because i love him so much as he is just awesome

7. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Lol I thought the same of my emerald crab when he first molted. His molt was attached upside down on a rock then I watched my six-line wrasse nip at what I thought was him and his molt fell to pieces and I freaked out. Haha I saw him a couple minutes later and it was all good, but gave me a good scare.

Congrats with Zoom though! Great name too. Gotta love cleaner shrimp. :)

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

emerald crabs molt! i didnt know that! i cant wait for mine to molt :D and when my puffer ate teh molt it fell into pieces as well.

lol and thanks, zoom fit him because he just moves around so fast, with how big he is it takes him maybe 2 seconds to get from one side of the tank to another, i wish i could have two to see them pair up, but i dont think theres enough room

10. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

thats great!.. lol when mine molts he leaves his exoskeleton pretty much complete. only a small rupture on the back ( usually)..8)

the first time i saw it i thought he was just paralyzed or something :confused:

i tried to touch him and it broke in half!! i was like OMG nooooooo :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

but then tinkle toes appeared from a rock and jumped to my hand lol ;D i was like wooooooowwww.::) ( in the i cant believe i fell for that kinda way :p)

little prankster:LolLolLol

11. ddaasshh

ddaasshh Spaghetti Worm

thats kool my wife freaked me out when my pepermint did his first molt, she thought he had died, but then a few minutes later he just came jumpin out.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i think zoom's molt would have been perfect if it hadnt been caught in the powerhead, his molt didnt break when i picked it up, but it did when my puffer ate it, he left his antennas though, but ate everything else :D

lol thats cute i spotted zoom coming out of a rock