Zoo med LED

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Piano10, Jul 13, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I loved my t5ho when I had my 55g. I can't remember the brand but it was awesome.

At the time t5ho's were the new best thing and next to no one had them in cda.

I'm going to look into that option

Thx

DSC reef and zesty like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Agreed on the t5 and LED combo.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

It's not like T5 is inferior lighting either. You can get 6-8 bulb fixtures that easily match high end LED fixtures (and can out PAR them depending on lenses on LEDs). I prefer bulbs over diodes any day. (Granted I can't play with spectrum or channels and can't ramp up or down)

A testament to the mighty power of a good T5 fixture would be moderator 2in10's tank. A quick search will bring it up. Stunning.

zesty and DSC reef like this.
  5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

This is part of what makes this hobby so interesting. The variables, so many different variables!

I also agree with this, T5s are great. I've seen some monsters with t5s... LED/T5 combo, pretty much top notch in my book. You get the fill of the t5 bulbs and the color pop/control of the leds. :cool:

6. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

It's certainly interesting all the various ways one can run a successful aquarium.