zoas won't open?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by KristaJ7267, Sep 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KristaJ7267

KristaJ7267 Plankton

I shouldn't say they won't open, but they won't stay open. I noticed my angel kind of picking at them. Trying to find a good place to move them to so the angel won't do it, but of course I am finding that impossible. Any suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

the only option that come to mind is to relocate the angle or the zoa out the tank. because no matter where you put the zoa the angle will find it and continue to pick at it. :(

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

What kind of angel fish do you have? Normally once they get a taste for the corals slime coat it will never stop.

5. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

You could try relocating the zoas temperarally into something like a specimen container so that the angel is not able to get to them.Maybe he'll aquire a new pastime.I've never tried this but it might be worth trying.

6. KristaJ7267

KristaJ7267 Plankton

I have decided to move the angel out. He is starting to pick at my Kenya tree frag too :(. Now I just have to figure out how to catch him without tearing my rockwork apart.

7. frankdontsurf

frankdontsurf Astrea Snail

8. Click Here!

9. KristaJ7267

KristaJ7267 Plankton

I got her out...used the soda bottle trick. Brought her back to lfs. I miss her but the zoas are already coming out. Kenya tree too. Thanks guys!

10. tunamike

tunamike Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

yea angels are not reef safe.... unless its sps only...they will still nibble im pretty sure... the only safe ones are the deepwater ones like the wantanabe and the swallowtails and prob the peppermints but theyre so far out of my range i never even consider them