Zoas Closed Up

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by xmetalfan99, May 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Over the past few days some of my zoas have been closing up. The odd thing about it is, they are closing up in groups depending on color morph. It started with my green zoas and now my tubbs blue zoas. I don't see any parasites on them. I won't have test results until tomorrow afternoon. My salt mix is giving the new water a yellowish tint. Any ideas? ​

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

How long has it been? I have a few colonies that will close up for a day or two from time to time. Supposedly some do this to clean themselves every so often. Unless it's been 4-5 days, I wouldn't get too worried just yet, if you have nothing to suspect.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

The tubbs blue started today and the radioactive dragon eyes have been closed for a week.

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

6. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

my bright greens zoas did something similar ahile back, they just closed up for over a week or so and then one day they were back to normal. I couldnt tell you what happened, but after they did it seemed that they started to split like crazy.