Zoanthids

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Reakwonthachef, Feb 25, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

did u lower them?

2. Click Here!

3. Reakwonthachef

Reakwonthachef Feather Duster

There is no lower place to put them, on the BB and I don't want to do that. I am resistant to lower them because they did fine for 1 month. Also I have 7 different types of zoas all on the same level or higher that are doing awesome. I am going to split them off of that large 3" frag disc and separate them to see if that helps. The disc is made of concrete and I don't want that in my aquarium.

4. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

There are several varieties of deeper water zoanthoids which do not need as much light so it would be normal to have several in one spot do well but not a certain one.

+1 I wouldn't put concrete in my tank either.

5. Reakwonthachef

Fragging begins in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......................

6. Reakwonthachef

OK, fragging complete. I just tested KH (just got the kit) its at 7. What is nominal? Is it 8 or higher? Could this be a contributor? I also lowered the two species that looked to be ragged. But I could only lower them 3" or so. I will update tomorrow after noon. I also added Mg and iodine to the aquarium and did a 5% W/C. The frags were dipped in lugols coral dip then rinsed and then in FWE then rinsed and into the tank with only blue leds on.

Next day: Still only half opening

Nitrate 0
    KH 7
    Ca - 350
    Salinity: 1.023

PH test and Mg test coming soon (hopefully next week)

Raised salinity back to 1.024 (instant ocean)
    Added 5ml Purple up to incr KH, test again tomorrow

Did the fact that I added Mg supplement have anything to do with the Ca lowering?
    It's 100ppm lower than it was last week. Hopefully when I balance this out everything will get back to normal.

Added 5ml purple up

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013