Zoa ***?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by CBSurfrider, Dec 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'm sorry I can't help figure out what the problem is but I just had a comment - I sure hope you figure out what is wrong because that is a stunning collection of zoas.

2. Click Here!

3. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

My tank is going through a cycle after moving so that may be the reason..?

4. Bhadwin

Bhadwin Astrea Snail

It could possibly be from the move or a combination of the move plus the lighting upgrade or a combination of other things with those? That is one thing I have learned about this fascinating hobby.....sometimes things happen that dont really make much sense! I would follow the advice that the others have already given. maintain good water and do the waiting game. A lot of times, IME, trial and error with different things and eventually youll find something that reacts well with the particular coral. The opposite view of that is trial and error but without stressing the coral more than it already may be.... With it being Zoas, they tend to "deal" with more which is a good thing for you! Best of LUCK!!!

5. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Thanks! My glass is covered in diatoms, so I'll be doing maint today, and find a different spot for the Zoa's. If my tank is cycling should I do a water change or ride it out for a while?

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

with live stock in there, I'd do a water change.

7. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I moved all kinds of stuff around in there today. Added a piece of egg crate and put a couple plugs on there. Moved Zoa rock to other side of the tank, re angled my power heads. I'll do the water tomorrow. I have 20gal here ready just don't want to do too much at once and freak out the the fish.