Zoa question

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i cant wait and good thing about zoas is they come in so many colors and they are cheap :D

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I did some surfing on this when I started my nano and its mixed really
    some sites and articles advise that you can mix different colour varieties on same rock
    others indicate that you need to make sure you place similar sized in terms of polyp size and growth rates next to each other or the bigger/ faster propogating ones will overtake and sting the smaller slower growing ones in order to take over the territory

I am actually trying it, with a few small frags with a couple of CM between them on the larger rock and in a few months time I will know for myself, which ones I can locate next to which ones with no issues

sorry its no help at all - other than to tell you, I could not find a definitive answer so decided to experiment

Steve

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thats really interesting i guess i will find out myself as well, thanks for the info :D

1 person likes this.
  5. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

arent you wanting to move out soon? lol between you and kcbrad you never gonna move out lol

6. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Granted im not expert on Zoas - but i do know that when shopping for things like your zoas online - try to find a provider who offers a single flat shipping rate on multiple items to be packed in one box. If you choose carefully, and buy several frags at once, the per frag price can then become competitive to what you can find locally, often with more color options etc. (unless you are lucky and have a fantastic local source).

When i bought my rics from coralmorphologic recently and my items from Reef Empire, I set a total lump sum cost limit that when including the one time shipping cost, resulted in each frag costing very close to or even less in some cases than what i would pay locally.

And again, the frags and items i got were in colors that I would likely NOT find around here all that easily thus meaning that mine will be unique :)

Just food for thought and it makes it possible to support the forum sponsors and you wont have to "settle" on a possibly limited color range etc. locally.

I know you are working on a budget plan - but by the time you go hog wild at the local shop or add up the number of frags / colonies you would have to buy, online is actually a viable option for you :)

Keep up the good work.

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

All I gotta say is....DO IT!! ;D

Hope you get some, and I can't wait to see pictures!!

8. Click Here!

9. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

uh oh.....kc - are you being a bad influence again? *grin*

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Of course. It's what I'm here for. ;)