Zoa Predator? =(

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by yheartsp, Nov 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yheartsp

yheartsp Purple Spiny Lobster

nope i have not, but i have many zoas that are higher up that this colony that are thriving, but i'll try moving it down if the FW dip doesn't work :)

2. Click Here!

3. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

Those Zoe appear to be closed from either being touched by a fish or they do that once and awhile for no reason. I have a large one in my tanks and I see different areas at times that close. I moved it once as 3/4 were closed and it did not change it after 3 days so i put them back were they where in the first place and a couple days later they where all open.

I have never done a Lugos or FW dip on any corals. Be carefule of what you buy so you do not bring in unwanted pests. If you have bad pests in the tank it should have effected other corals; if that is not the case and it was fine when you bought it then it is normal to do this, I have been told they wiil do that when they are getting ready to grow

Give them more time, you can tell if they are dieing the polyps will start to fall off...then you need to worry

4. yheartsp

yheartsp Purple Spiny Lobster

Hi guys

it's been 2 months since i've updated this thread, the zoas have gone WORSE, therés only half of the pink ones left, the others are not really affected. i have done a few dips since and have not seen any of the predators found HERE

Zoanthid Predators, Irritators, & Diseases

fall off or anything. i've also been looking closely at night but i don't really see anything. But yesterday night when i pointed my torch light at the zoas i saw a worm hiding into a hole. the worm is greyish in color with some black colorings on it. Is that the culprit? i have the same worm on my glove polyps rock and those are getting worse too. will a 6 line or melanurus wrasse get rid of them?

thing is, they only come out at night, when the wrasses are sound asleep. when will this nightmare even end. :-/