Zoa ID

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Astrick117, Jun 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I just picked up a 10 polyp frag of these last night and they are incredible! The colors are unbelievably vibrant, but I was wondering if any one has a name for them. (and yes, they do look as bright in person as in the pic, if not even more)

They look like zoanthids.com's bloody marys, but they have a brighter yellow center.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I would have to agree and say Bloody Mary zoanthids... just a brighter coloration. The same zoanthids can look pretty different in different lighting, duller in lower lighting and much much more vibrant in higher more intense lighting. My Lunar eclipes are a perfect example of that. They were extremely faded when I first got them because of low lighting conditions in the previous owners tank, now in my intense lighting they are turning more and more vibrant orange with a deep purple center. So, I would have to agree with them being a very vibrant coloration of Bloody Mary zoas.