Zjpeter's 50g Reef

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by zjpeter, May 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheFishMan

TheFishMan Flamingo Tongue

Your tank looks great! Its pretty tall isn't it?

2. Click Here!

3. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

yeah, it's really odd dimensions for a reef tank (22x20x31 if i recall correctly). the plan is to establish this tank, upgrade to a large reef after i move back to iowa and then use this tank for seahorses.

4. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

how bout a video?

5. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Very Nice. I'm glad you're not giving up!!
    Thanks for the video.

6. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

thanks, bro

i'm still having some troubles. i've been watching the temp like a hawk and it seems that things have settled down a bit. my duncans and zoas (of all things) seem to be really pissed. the monti is about 50% white, same goes for the birdsnest. acans look surprisingly great, frogspawn is opening, galaxia, favia and chalices are looking better. i'm running a ton of carbon and am doing ANOTHER 20% WC on monday. i don't know if something got into the tank or it was just the heat but i'm still pretty upset about the whole ordeal.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Glad to hear it is all falling back into place. Really hate mystery troubles. Keep up the good work.

8. Click Here!

9. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

When I didn't hear back from you, I was hopeful that you were getting things under control. Good luck and hang in there.

Jim

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

yeah, thanks for offering to help out. i was just so nervous of just pawning a bunch of dying stuff out to someone so i wanted to make sure they weren't already gone. if you're still in the market and ever feel the need, i'm still going to start getting rid of stuff. i'll be moving in less than a year and think it'd be easier to sell off livestock rather than worry about transferring and mini-cycles