Zetlight nano touch questions!

Discussion in 'ZETLIGHT' started by Toallhisdoom, Oct 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

I am wondering about the following things:
    controlling
    sunrise/sunset
    dimming
    if you put them on a timer do you have to reset the intensity everyday, or will they stay programmed as you leave them?
    what type of leds are used?

Also how would this do on a 12x12x12 8gal tank?

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Just sent them an email asking the same questions so we should find out. My interest is piqued after the video of this thing. For $100 shipped it seems like a good deal;)

4. Toallhisdoom

Yea unless reefbreeders can find me something better this is probably the way i am going to grow. As long as it can grow my softies and lps in 12" of water i will be happy! hahha

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol, i wouldn't worry about ENOUGH light for that tank, but making sure it dims down enough to not fry them.

6. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

yeah, i think the issue would be frying your corals. if they dim then they should be just fine.

7. Toallhisdoom

Really? 10watts would fry them? lol From the youtube videos i found of this they dim quite a bit. So i don't think it would be that bad.

8. Click Here!

9. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

Hi,

Sorry took me a bit longer to answer these questions. but here they are in RED

I am wondering about the following things:
    controlling
    sunrise/sunset: No, it is not a true sunset sunrise setting, it is only mimic the cloud movement.
    dimming: Again see the answer above
    if you put them on a timer do you have to reset the intensity everyday, or will they stay programmed as you leave them?You can preset program the dimming setting , it will start the rotation everytime you timer turn on the light. I got this info from one of the customer as he tried to play around with the setting.
    what type of leds are used? I have always been told by Zetlight their LED chips are bridgelux, not sure about the smaller output one tho(Such as Nano touck), it is possible they are a Chinese OEM LED chips. However for smaller output LED like these, I don't think it makes a lot differences.

Also how would this do on a 12x12x12 8gal tank? It should be fine on that tank

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah can't really think of leds in terms of watts, its kinda different on them. And what size tanks are you looking at. But if they dim ok and can be put on a timer fine, I call this a no brainer, they are nice;) Quality wise, not real sure about yet, just haven't read up on them

Thanks for your research and response. I'm a bit confused about the dimming though! So you can program them to ramp up and then dim down at a certain point?

TIA

11. Toallhisdoom

yea i am a little confused about this 2. haha

12. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

no it can only program to change the speed of the "movement" of the cloud. So it will slowly decrease the intensity and then increase it back to 100% and then dim down again. It can't mimic sunrise such as increase intensity and then stay there until sunset and dim down.
    Hope I explain it clear enough that you can understand it. It is just like in the video, the setting only change the spd.