Yuma Help!!!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Los1980, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Los1980

Los1980 Purple Spiny Lobster

Ive had this ricordea yuma for about 3 weeks now. it has grown slightly but lately I find it upside down. No matter where i put it in the tank the frag is always face down I havent figured out if the royal gramma keeps knocking over or if its the emerald crab/snails. I have not glued the frag i have no experience gluing anything in my aquarium. what do you guys recommend I do?

2. Click Here!

3. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

Gluing it down sounds like a good idea. It does sound like your CUC members are guilty.

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

If it's not attached to anything like a frag plug or a piece of live rock, then I would glue it using gel crazy glue. Just make sure to dry the area with a paper towel that you are gluing on the frag & on the rock/plug. Once it's stuck on enough that it won't move 2 min or so put it back in the water. It will dry underwater.

5. Los1980

so the yuma can be out of the water for 2 min? I was wondering if that would be a problem because i'd have to take the big a$$ rock out....gel crazy glue... it is on a plug it had an algae garden but i took that off its just stuck to the plug but thats it. I'll be honest i'm fairly new and have been afraid to use glue and stick the yuma anywhere.

6. Los1980

the lfs told me my yuma will attach to something eventually and leave the plug....others on here said to take it off? i don't know how i'd take it off the plug. Is that even advised?

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Put gel super glue on the back of the plug, then place the plug on the spot you want it and move the plug around to break the skin that forms on the glue. Hold in place for about 15 seconds and it should be stuck in place.

8. Click Here!

9. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

I would not try to remove it from the plug. If you don't like the look of the plug, cut it back as far as you can, then glue the remainder down.

10. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

Oh, and this might also work (to avoid taking out the rock). Simply apply Superglue to the plug, let it dry for a few seconds, then place it on the rock still in the tank. Sometimes this works, and is definitely worth a shot.

11. Los1980

thanks for the help fellas i'll have to pick up the SG tomorrow and i'll give it a shot!

12. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

Trouble-free.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. (THE GUILTY CUC IS GOING TO BE PISSED THAT YOU GLUED THEIR TOY DOWN!)