Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by NittyGritty, Oct 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Nah, online, ebay, reefcleaners, reefs2go, liveaquaria, etc. A ball of chaeto will come with tons of pods usually.

2. Click Here!

3. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Problem for me ordering online.... No patience! Lol

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

wrong hobby bro!lol

Even so, it will take a month to 2 to really see great pod growth after seeding, so what is 2-3 more days to wait to save 50% at least?

5. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

True that. Damn commen sense.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Hey do you know what phyto and zooplankton feed? Pods. lol I never seeded my tanks. There has been no need to. The reproduce so fast with the way that I feed.

7. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Found em online, 12 bucks... Shipping 10. What's the point! Lol

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

True, but I started with basically base rock only, so I seeded to get a variety. But I also seeded alot of zoo and phyto in the beginning to get them going and since having a fuge haven't had to really feed the pods anymore to keep their numbers up

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

look more, and think big, add it to a coral order or fish order, cuc order, etc and chances are the ones online are gonna be a bigger variety and livelier.

Norg has a point though, if you used liverock, you prob don't need to seed, just provide a place for them to grow and reproduce

11. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Different opinion on pods here. I hate em. I watch my tank a lot, at night as well . I have never witnessed a coral eating a pod. I have, unfortunately, seen many, many occasions where amphipods were eating the corals. I finally found a fish that would seek them out and eat them, a male Melanurus Wrasse. I can't imagine spending money on pods. They grow well enough on their own.

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

really, mine are always pulling some in. hmm. But I agree if you add stuff to your tank that has pods you'll get them, I really didn't for awhile so I added them, and thankfully, have had nothing but good results, although I have read threads of pods eating some corals.