Your own aquarium store?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Ever consider owning your own aquarium store?

1. Yes.

49 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. No.

25 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You mean that you don't get amusement out of that......boy I sure do, especially on amature night. :p

2. Click Here!

3. Truett

Truett Plankton

Hello I just joined this site. Just thought I would put in my to cents worth.
    My wife and I have had aquariums for about twentyfive years, for nine years.
    We live in southwest Az. There is one lfe the owner is never there and the girls that he has working there doesn't know anything about fish. There is a Petsmart and a walmart. Three years ago we started thinking about opening our own store but I don't want to go into dept so we started buying a few things at a time and puting them back. I am going to build a room next to the house for the aquariums. Right now we are raising a lot of freshwater fish that we sale and we give a lot of them to teachers in the schools here. I am going to set up some aquariums to propagate corals and try to breed some marine fish. I don't know if I will make a lot of money at this but if I don't I will have a nice hobby for something to do when I retire.
    My wife raises birds too.

Sorry this is long and thanks for having me.

Truett

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

5. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

Glad to see you here!!! Good luck with the birds and fishes!!!:cheesy:

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I think Owning a shop would ruin the fun of the hobby. I've thought about the wholesale thing. But really when I sell frags locally people piss me off enough. Not showing up on time or once getting here wanting to barter. Or asking for things that are not for sale. I don't have the patients.

J