Your Next Tank?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by t-hac, Sep 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. t-hac

t-hac Flamingo Tongue

hey guys, im just starting my first tank a 55gal and im already starting to think about my next one ;D

not gonna happen any time soon but in the next 2-3 years im sure..

thinking about a 125-175 gal tank and proably use my current 55 gal for the sump and i already have a 10 gal for a refugium or maybe just combine it into the 55 gal....
    havent looked to deeply into skimmers/lighting yet but the time will come soon enough..
    but im already thinking aobut areas in my house where to put it, im planning to do a built in-in wall view tank with an exo room behind it housing all of the accesories/sump etc etc :eek:

i am pretty handy so that part shouldnt be to hard for me, i took about 3 1/2 years of woodwork, 2 1/2 years of metalwork and a year of drafting/mechanical design in school...

anyways what are some of your ideas for your next/DREAM tanks and accesories and plans i wanna hear what you other reef addicts have to say! ;)

2. Click Here!

3. reefnut1

reefnut1 Spaghetti Worm

I would go with a 6 foot long tank either a 125 or a 150 for an in wall application. Your 55 would make a good sump for that and a 6 foot tank looks very nice on most walls.

When you go forward with this idea buy the best lighting and skimmers that you can afford. I would use T5 lighting or a canopy that has 3 metal halides and a combination of T5s or PCs. You can buy these used on ebay sometimes for a fraction of the cost of a new one. Since you have some time I would start looking right away.

Fish tanks are like motorcycles. You start out with a minibike and end up witha harley!!!