your fish don't know what they are missing.

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by sostoudt, Nov 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

If you haven't seen these frozen foods called cyclop-eeze you need to check them out.
    [​IMG]

these are by far the favorite thing for my fish to eat, they are like little red amphipods and copepods. If a fish turns down these there is a good chance they just plain won't eat frozen or dry foods at all.

even the larger polyp sps will eat them, my tenuis catches them pretty easily.

I never knew how many people didn't know about these things until recently, so I decided to do this post.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

I use the dry stuff from them, never seen that!

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I love the product, just wish it came in smaller packaging. My fish loved it as well as the LPS. The package was too big though, or my tank is too small.:)

Oh and great thing to feed young clowns fish.

1 person likes this.
  5. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

Got it in my freezer right now. Wonderful stuff.

1 person likes this.
  6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

only one lfs in my area carries them continually. I talked to a person at another lfs and they said that only one place distributes the frozen ones. So I guess alot of lfs don't like to do a special order for one product.

yea the 2 ounce bar lasts forever, They are almost pure copepods with no frozen water. fosters and smiths sells a 25 ounce block, I wonder how many people can actually go through that.

7. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

yep. have it in my freezer too... a little goes a long way. my fish love it. good stuff.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

With finicky wrasses. They will love this. Its how I got my Leopard onto flake food. I would mix this in with some smaller flakes and bam :) Works like a charm.

For those of you that Have Sun corals. They will open up in mid daylight once this stuff hits the tank.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I dont have any. the dummy LFS owner in my town doesnt carry it.

that said, if you ever need to fatten up a fish, that stuff is DA BOMB DIGGITY!!!! Very very good stuff. I have never seen a fish refuse it, and all of your corals will gobble it up.

I could go thru a 25 oz bar.. may take me a year or two...next time I make up some homemade frozen, I will have this mixed in as well. VERY VERY good stuff.

11. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

been using this for a while, great stuff. fish love it. i always feed this when i add a new fish. its the first thing i reach for if i dont have live brine.

12. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

thanks for this info i have been looking around to give my fish some really nice stuff. this might be the stuff.