Your Claim to Fame?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Triplemom, Oct 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I actually have a lot more. However, my largest client declared bankruptcy owing me a whole lot of money so I'm job hunting. Knowing or having met a lot of famous people doesn't really help on a resume. Is a job too much to ask for???

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I've got another one I'll throw in...Peyton Manning has a house on the same street as my best friend's grandparent's house. They live only 15-20 minutes from us and they have a swimming pool, so I've been over there quite a few times. And you can definitely tell which one's Peyton's. You're looking down the road and you see "normal house, normal house, normal house, normal house, trees, OH MY GOD house". :D And the guy who did our tile in our kitchen did the same tile in Peyton's house. So that's kinda cool. I wonder if I could trick or treat there...

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

oh, one more thing, my uncle was a body guard for george w when he visited town a few years ago.

5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

since we are all adding more.. When I lived in Houston the late Steve "Air" McNair lived 3 houses down and would throw the football for us if we pestered him enough when he was home.. he was truly one of the nice professional athletes who cared for their fans..

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

oh yea one mor thing lol. When i was at the big london airport *forget the name* on my way to spain, all of the flights were delayed because the Queen of England was at the airport blessing a new terminal. lol never saw her though

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Apparently it is.

Good luck!

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

seen lots of famous folks at the airport... sat next to a playboy bunny and her boyfriend at a terminal in Paris. Pretty, yes. She was a complete airhead (I couldn't help but to drop eaves) and her boyfriend was greasy (literally) and incredibly obnoxious. but hey, I'm not judging.

I had to move.

abused a substance with Jonathan and the gang of koRn. They opened for MegaDeath. We only went to see Korn. After the set, we were getting ready to leave (don't care for MD) when Korn sat down next to us. We lit up and rocked to MD together. That was pretty awesome. Must've been 12+ years ago now though.

Some time back Kevin Costner filmed some golf movie in Kingwood. So I know a lot of extra's in that movie (whatever it was called) and Kevin ended up being a regular in my mom's art gallery which led to some dinners and what not.

Went to school with several George Foreman's (he had creative names for his kids). Even went to his house a few times. Rather normal. Surprisingly normal actually.

several instances of seeing famous folks in public, but, meh.

also, in another thread I talk about David Givens - we grew up playing together through elementary; his brother and he were actually one of the first black kids in my elementary school. I noticed they were all alone on the playground and then a group went over to pick on the new black kid. From afar, I saw Jesse (the older brother) put a stop to that with a mighty lift and throw :eek:. The brats disbanded and I went over there and made me a new friend. Anyway, our paths ended up crossing multiple times over the years. David worked at my in-laws company and came to the family parties and what not. Got a call from him after the first super bowl he and the team won (that's what you call it in football right?). That was one giant gawdy ring! Patriots was the team...

will probably remember some more later.

10. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

When we lived in Puerto Rico, my dad (who worked for the US govt) got a call that a group was coming in and need a "4th" for a golf game. He agreed to play, but didn't know who the other players were. When he got to the course, he found out the group included US President Richard Nixon (of Watergate fame).

11. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

i am a blood relative of the McCoy family from the Hatfield and McCoy feud. thats about it really. i have like 200 members on my moms side of the family, no joke lol.

12. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

I got to play against lebron James in a AAU tourney exibition game