Your Claim to Fame?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Triplemom, Oct 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

I live in Colorado and there is this real strange family that has some sort of weather balloon in the yard and one day he let it go and thought his kid was in it, or wait he told his kid to go to the attic and then .................................................................:LolLolLol

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Lol I hope they get a huge fine and jail time. Such crazy people

4. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I just read this.. awesome..

5. Reefjack

Reefjack Astrea Snail

While it is not something I would consider a claim to fame, many others probably would:

A few years ago I lived and worked taking X-rays in a (the) hospital in Napa, CA... which happens to be only a few blocks from the Oakland Raiders training camp.
    So for 3 years any time a new player had a physical, I took thier neck X-rays. If you've ever looked at your average football player's neck, you can imagine what a pain in the butt it might be to X-ray them. :-/

What I would consider my claim to fame:

When I was about 15, my dad used to work as the head of Timing and Scoring for USAC (United States Auto Club, the governing body of the Indianapolis 500). I got to watch the race from the tower every year, which I thought was awesome. One year, after the race, my dad and I had dinner at Union Jacks (best pizza place ever) with Richard Petty and Tony Hullman George. You might have heard of Richard Petty, and Tony George is/was the owner of Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I was a white guy on a remote Fijian island.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Oh man....they didn't start to sing did they?

Also, I almost forgot, the girls from Heart (Ann and Nancy Wilson) graduated from my high school (Queensryche graduated from the high school just down the road).

But Ann and Nancy showed up one day to say Hi to some of the teachers and to do a Q&A session in the band room. I remember asking a question. Can't remember what it was.....but my God. Nancy looked soooooooo good. They were just regular chicks. I was surprised. I didn't know what to expect. But they were down to earth and were just.....Ann and Nancy.

8. Click Here!

9. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

I have met a bunch of celebrities over the years from tinting. Mostly sports guys. I've been in the newspaper a few times. Mostly when I was a kid. Played HS baseball with Johnny Damon and A.J. Pierzinski.

I stood in the office of the Secretary of Defense at the Pentagon and talked with him for a little bit. This was Donald Rumsfeld at the time. That was cool. The office has an escape hatch that goes to the roof. Also had a piece of the plane that hit the Pentagon on his desk. He told us about that day and how the Secret Service guys couldn't find him. He was outside helping to get people out.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

One time President Bush came to town and only had time to talk with one organization. He picked a charity I started. Me, Gentry, and Tim all got to shake his hand and talk with him (but only for around 10 minutes).

Pete Rose cursed me out (when I was a kid) for asking for an autograph. Lou Brock tousled my hair and gave me an autograph without me even asking.

I know Chuck Berry, Randy Travis, the members of Mama's Pride, the members of Head East, Kerry Livgren and John Elefante (Kansas). I've met, but don't know, all the other members of Kansas, U2, and many other bands that are more regional. I've driven Randy Travis' tour bus.

I know Kurt Warner, Ernie Conwell, Isaac Bruce, and Joe Germaine. Through them I got to meet the rest of the Rams when we won the Superbowl. I sat in the players seats during the playoffs.

I've met Billy Graham several times.

I ate lunch with Truett Cathy (owner of Chik Fil A) and Jeff Foxworthy (comedian with redneck jokes). They are both funny.

11. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

You have a TON of claims to fame....I am impressed.

12. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

The only thing I can remember recently is turning off the lawn sprinkler system of the ex CEO of Master Lock.. Great house and funny guy... Every thing else was when I was young, playing in the park with mom and old Brewer Paul Molitor when he was on his hitting streak, meeting Kareem Abdul Jabbar for a moment...