Your Claim to Fame?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Triplemom, Oct 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Peredil made me think of the idea for a "claim to fame" thread. This should be interesting....

For you "old timers" out there (like me :)), my biggest claim to fame was as a teenager when I lived down the street from Bob Griese and babysat his kids regularly. He was the QB for my ultimate football team, the '72 Miami Dolphins, and has been a football commentator for ABC for years. I spoke to Don Shula on the phone a few times when he was calling for him - I was probably smacking my gum and acting totally unimpressed. I actually babysat for several other Dolphins players' kids, but can't remember their names (see how impressed I was?).

In high school, I used to work for a music store that sold rare sheet music. One day, Tiny Tim and his entourage came in and I had to find some music for him (remember "Tiptoe Through the Tulips?). It was August and he was wearing his signature trench coat. Creepy guy.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    I have represented my country playing american football for the Great Britain Bulldogs. We went to Italy and played there over 21 international team and won.

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

My gfs friend is married to the short stop of the tampa day rays jason bartlett, she met him at a red wings game while he was playing triple A ball

I also played D1 basketball at University of Niagara

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Jeez. Claim to fame. Well. Not exactly a fame thing, but I did belong to a group that was the best. In high school we had a group of 20 kids that were very talanted at their respective instruments. Yep. Band. Actually Stage Band. We had three of five very good trombones, the entire rhythm section, the entire saxiphone section and three of five trumpets (I shared lead with my buddy Rich). If style was needed on lead, I played. If it was power, Rich got it. We had a world class soloist (our third trumpet slot). We couldn't be beat. We never took second in any of the contests we entered. If Sammamish showed, it was expected that we would win. It was very, very cool. So that is my claim to fame. Nothing big......just something excellent to look back on.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

When i was young i trick and treated with some famous actor's kids *forget his name* saw him on t.v. somewhere not to long ago. And i'm related to Steven Spielberg's wife in some weird way. She is like my mom's aunt's daughter, or something like that. lol Maria Shriber *sp* (Schwarzengers wife) asked me what time it was, when i was sitting behind her at a horse show one time, and i saw both their daughters. My aunt works in Hollywood, she's a director of some sort, and worked on Lost and other shows. Met a few actors/actress through her, lol i forget their names though :D
    My mom also went to school with will Ferrell. lol i also met Amanda Beard, she grew up around here, and met her at my local swimming pool and got her autograph :)

Oh yea another one lol, i know a band member of Bleeding Through, good family friends with his family, live on the same street, lol he's moved out of the house of course, met a few of the band members and their girlfriends on some holidays, really cool people, although i don't listen to their music. But they are famous :D

Well that's all i got, nothing really interesting

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I saw AC/DC back in my high school days, and during Dirty Deeds, the lead singer carried little Angus Young (the guitarist) through the stadium on his shoulders, while Angus played the lead. As fate had it, even though we were about 200' from the stage, he marched him right past my seat, and I was able to get a hand on Young's shoulder. It was pretty cool!

8. Click Here!

9. jturnbull

jturnbull Purple Spiny Lobster

I was in the school play in Step Mom with Julia Roberts and Susan Serandin or how ever you spell it lol not much but it was fun.

10. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I hold a state record in SC for being the youngest person to roller skate for 24 hours straight to raise money for muscular dystrophy. I was 8 years old.....by the end a bunch of the older people were literally pushing me around so I would make it! Great fun! Won a 7" portable black and white tv....LOL! And I still have it.

1 person likes this.
  11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Now that's cool!!

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

growing up being best friends with Tommy Lee Jones' son and spending the majority of my time at their house in san antonio.. also George Bush, wife and daughters came to our ranch for dinner when he was the governor of Texas..