You know you're a saltwater hobbyist WHEN...

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Steve34, Jul 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

haha my favorite is when Im staring at the fish and like dudes come up to me and they are like, "Yea having a tank is awesome, its such a good hobby" and im like yea I really enjoy my 40 Breeder at home. And they look like they got just got hit by a train LOL. They all think im just a ditzy blonde staring at the fishies!

2. Click Here!

3. starfish2217

I'd be sold :D

4. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

I think a lot of guys think women have better things to do than sit and home and play with fish. Do you think they try to oversell you as a woman underestimating your knowledge?

lol I don't know if I would call that a cheap date or not

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

you stay up until 1:30 in the morning, knowing full well you need to be up to do farm work at 6 a.m., just to finish making the last 30 gallons of water to fill your new build. ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. HeritageReef

HeritageReef Plankton

You Know when . . . you walk in the house and check the tank before you kiss your spouse.

. . . you inspect and evaluate any container for it's utility and worth of holding water.

. . . your list of stuff to do always has one or more aquarium items on it - AND they get done first.

7. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

When there's a hurricane in the gulf of mexico and your more worried about battery operated air pumps than water...

8. Click Here!

9. starfish2217

Yea I do think that sometimes. But not all the time. I don't think that every guy thinks that about me they are all just very surprised to learn that I have a tank at home that I have had for a few years now lol. Then sometimes they ask me if they can buy me a tang.. :p and I sadly have to say... sorry I only have a 40B at home.

10. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Depends on the tang...

11. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

When your oldest child has a diary dedicated to the "fish tank" including detailed pictures of all the fish and most of the coral.... yeah no kidding :)
    When you go to swaps for the main reason of talking to and meeting new reefers!
    When you work for a good friend and he pays you in coral!

12. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

it's great that your kid is into it as well, there is a lot to learn from a saltwater tank.