you know your job sucks when.......

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by schackmel, Dec 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bama

bama Humpback Whale

When I have to daily explain to people that just because our company is leasing their land that we are not going to "come in with our bags of money and politicians and take it away"... some people are just not that smart.

also when I work hard hours to produce a lease for someone, get a check ready, and travel out to get a signature all of the sudden they want more money or refuse to sign it. The people I am dealing with are in very low income areas and usually own about .12 of an acre of land but want to try and negotiate with me like they are a big rancher. When someone comes to your house and you are clearly struggling with money with a $2000 check and promise of royalties, you should take it. Because if you tick us off and prices go down, next time when you are ready your check will have shrunk to less than 1000 and you are going to cry about it. Greed ticks me off...

Thanks for the rant. :)

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Ranting is good ;D. It helps keep the insanity away....

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

this is great therapy for all!!! I know I have it a lot better then many! I miss working from home and not having to deal with all the office politics crap!

I am literally being counseled today for talking with my coworkers at my cubicle! It is not because I am not getting my work done (which I am......plus staying over to complete it, and other employees work, all the while being salaried) and it is not because my work is subpar (which is not...getting 100% on all my reviews now)...but because I might actually take a break for a couple minutes and socialize with my coworkers, in a quite tone mind you! I have heard so many times from my boss....."NO TALKING" like we are first graders, all the while the other departments are talking...but none of the other supervisors feel the need to treat their kids like first graders!

This boss has told me she can not give up any of her "power", however the company is trying to push her out...unfortanately they are going to push her department out before they push her out!

5. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I couldn't handle going back in an office situation. I can hear my coworkers' whining loud and clear over e-mail - if I had to stare at them all day long I'd go nuts! I've been in the "cube world" before, and I remember the dept head coming around and treating us (all accountants) like first graders! I feel your pain!