You know your in the wrong LFS when...

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by tank1970, Dec 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

When you go there to get replacement bulbs for a 48 inch lighting system and they tell you to go with 36inch bulbs that are half the wattage of the ballast because.... "they will still light up"

2. Click Here!

3. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

100% - I always check here first. I must say I am sure 3reef has saved me a ton;D

4. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

LMAO - OMG my sides hurt!!!!!

5. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

I guess I am really lucky. My lfs is amazing and truly one of a kind. Incredible prices. HUGE selection. Knowledgable staff. Besides the owner who gets pretty bitter sometimes I know all of the staff really well and they are so hopeful. I believe Wuwu also goes to this lfs sometimes ( aquarium concepts)... The only issue there is some aiptasia and an overwhelming amount of customers... But I can deal with that

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

My lfs sells LR with aiptasia and majanos,no big deal right?Well they sell it at $12.99 lb and call them zoas and common button polyps,but theres no extra charge for the "freebies".Needless to say,i drive 35 miles to another city.:)

7. damon

damon Sea Dragon

I'll have to check aquarium concepts some time. I think my biggest pev would have to be "don't worry fish only grow as big as the size of the tank they are in will let them" I want to reply "if I locked you in a closet for the rest of your life when you where a kid would you never grow bigger?"

8. Click Here!

9. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Ok so I went to Austin this weekend and I thought I'll check out a few of the lfs to see how nice they would be. Big city=better store, right? I found this one that had a legit website. It said "...the healthiest fish in town, we won't sale a fish that hasn't been eating for at least a week..." When I got there all the tanks were foggy, half the fish had ich, and the only fish that didn't were eating dead linkas. They should advertise "...we won't sell a fish that hasn't been eating dead starfish for week, that's how you know it won't have ich..." LOL. Poor fish, and poor customers :(

It was River City Aquatics.... Ooops can I say that?:confused:

10. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

I was at the new store in town with a knowledgeable friend when we walked by the stony tank and he pointed at one frag. It looked like it was bleaching and losing tissue from the bottom up. I said "rtn?" and the owner shushed me from behind the counter. I wasn't loud or making a scene and there were only a few other people in the store and I know they didn't hear me but this guy was so damn loud and gave me a dirty look, it pissed me off. I admit its a pet peeve but it goes beyond that. Why wouldn't he want to find out which one we were talking about? If he knew about it why would he want to leave it in, give it time to sell or infect his system? It doesn't make any sense.
    Another one is when all of the new coral is on hold for the first weekend. He won't even give a price until his friends have picked through it.