You know your in the wrong LFS when...

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by tank1970, Dec 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

OMG - how can I forget this one.

So I am finished my first cycle and added two fire clowns (mated pair) and turned on the lights. I get a huge cyto break out obviously! Since I started with tap water.
    Go to lfs - ask if I should start using RO water (place with a ton of GHA)
    Sales person says - that's just a waste of money - you are adding dead water to your system. OMG!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. tank1970

I had to google that one! yea that would be some bad advice :eek:

4. mazaj

mazaj Feather Duster

as i was reading the sebae is 1 of the hardest anemones to keep, a white sebae is obviously a sebae that lost its color and dying. this guy tried to sell it to me and when i told him it lost its color he said it will get it back when it grows a little.
    now i drive around 45 min to go to a good lfs. the guy there is very experienced and never gave me false info. and beside that he has some cheap frags (5-$7) a piece.

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

That was funny.

1 person likes this.
  6. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

"Don't buy any macro algae online, it's full of pests" **floating fish and tons of aptasia in the DT.

Then when they got in mangroves it was 20 bucks for a seed.

7. tank1970

I have to admit that is one I have not come across - other then Damsels are peaceful.

I won't go back to them and ask them about what type of coral are good together ;)

8. Click Here!

9. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

11.) Tell you an olive snail is safe and will only filter out stuff in the sand bed.
    *3"+ snail and at least 10 lost nasarius later, yeah right it's safe (this was before I found 3reef).
    12.) The first saltwater display tank is a 8 gal BC with TWO mandarins in it.
    13.) Stocking advice for a 10gal is 1 dottyback, two clowns, and 3 chromis or 1 sand sifting goby, 2 clowns, and an angel.

10. tank1970

13.) Stocking advice for a 10gal is 1 dottyback, two clowns, and 3 chromis or 1 sand sifting goby, 2 clowns, and an angel.[/QUOTE]

For a 10 gal - OMG sounds like they needed to move some fish. You can imagine they also say just add this.... and you can add them tomorrow :p

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I would actually only say that's a problem if there's significant numbers of fish, a fish looks like it's been in there for more than a couple hours, or if the LFS won't remove it immediately when told. Fish can die from stress alone when they're thrown into a new tank, let alone from an unlikely bully, and I don't expect any LFS to see every single one the moment it dies.

12. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Smells like Petco, heheh. :)