You jackals win!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ingtar_shinowa, May 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Ok I did a water change today of about 10% and maybe ill keep them up too. I think I found my algae problem though, and thankfully its not the rock. I havent changed the sponge filter on my return sump since i got it running, it was nasty. I think that was the majority of my water problems for no3/po4. I also have detritus in my sump, not alot, but i banished my first hermit down there, and as soon as I can, there will be a couple/few more in there and the fuge.

One question, do I really need that prefilter sponge? I have a plastic guard too (pump is a Via Aqua 4900) I didnt think that i did, so I took it out.

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

Also ordered some CuC from john. A few more certh nerites, got some chitons, and a couple conchs

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I'm no expert but when you pulled the sponge did a bunch of debris get let loose?? If so you may have released a bunch of nitrates and phosphates into the water column.You may want to do a another water change or two.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ihad everything drained out and shut down in the sump