You guys are awesome! Oh and HELLO!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by MishaelAQ, Apr 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MishaelAQ

MishaelAQ Astrea Snail

Hi...my name is Mitch and I just joined up. Been looking around This site and I am really impressed. So much help to be offered up! Amazing! Now that's what a forum is for.

I am kinda new to the hobby. Only since Feb of 08, so just over a year. I haven't had much help and I tell you I have learned way too much the hard way.

I got two tanks...A 6 gallon set up for my kids in the living room and a 12 gallon nano setup for my bedroom. My 12 Gallon looks great right now (IMO) despite mother natures wrath last year during a hurricane. I lost about 50 to 60% of all I had and All my fish. That was depressing! But got things going again and all is pretty good. Now my 12 is mostly a coral tank...Zoas, palys, shrooms, rics, a kenya, etc. I love it. Only fish are a very small 1 inch scooter and a bicolored blenny. I use my 6 gallon tank for frags mostly. I have in this tank a gorgeous sunbust anemone and the only fish is a bicolored blenny. Clean-up crews for both tanks consist of dwarf blue legged hermits, scarlett hermits, electric blue hermits, and about 4 trochus snails in each tank.

I have intensions of going to a larger tank soon....but I still have alot to learn. The more I read in the forums...the more I realize....I may be still learning the hard way.....Sure looks like I can get some good advice here!

Check out my profile for all my pics so far. Not a great camera...but still most are good pics! Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. PDCCO

PDCCO Feather Duster

Greetings ;D

I'm sure you will discover as I have that this site has a wealth of great information. I personally have been keeping marine tanks for 20+ years and I still find new and usefull information here on a regular basis!

4. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

First off, welcome! Really nice corals you have there. Doing quite well.
    keep an eye on that nem.. if it dies, your tank dies with it.
    Like to see a good pic of it though. Sounds neat.

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

nice tanks mitch. welcome to 3reef

6. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

sweet tanks you have there

7. MishaelAQ

MishaelAQ Astrea Snail

Thanks...heres some pics of the 6 Gallon and the anemone! Oh yeah....and about the anemone dying....I been reading about that.....Thats got me a bit worried.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Nice looking nem. Just dont rush things and make sure your stats are always fine (which is hard in that small of a tank) and you will be okay. I am significantly newer than you and I love nems. I have a 37 gallon tank. Don't worry too much. The nem will close and open and "expel waste" which will make you think its dying but this is normal, its just crapping lol. If it is attached and is happy there, you shouldnt have a problem.

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef :)

11. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

hey Mitch, welcome to 3 reef

Steve

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Welcome aboard, tanks look great. When was the last time you checked your para's? Your Goni looks pretty healthy, how long have you had it? They are really hard to keep alive and "usually" last between 8-12 months.

[SCROLL]Luna;D[/SCROLL]