Yellowtail Blue Damsel behavior

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by eejjrr, Dec 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

So promote the possiable use of cyanide because they have good info?  Your recommendations carry weight with newbies, you through a link to a site, they most likely will support that sight.

2. Click Here!

3. eejjrr

eejjrr Astrea Snail

So LiveAquaria is bad. I remember hearing about the whole cyanide usage in the reefs years ago. I can't beleive thats still happening! Pretty sick to destroy a potentially renewable resource. Thats like selling dirt with the vegetible only you poison the dirt as well.

How about reputible on line dealers?

And how do I know what I'm buying in my local aquarium store?

4. pdlman

pdlman Astrea Snail

Does anyone know about SWF.com-do they use the same wholesaler?

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Sorry to have started a debate! I did mention that I have not ordered there....it was just the answers to the question of shrimp/gobies and nano fish were just compiled in one spot there. If that info is bum info, I apprciate knowing that as well I was just trying to give a jumping off point from which to gather more info.

I personally, get my Livestock only from my LFS's. I can examine them, see them eat, question the staff. Altho one on the consumer end only, can NEVER really know the truth to be 100% certain! Where are the fish from?

I would trust Gresham to order fish for me, but Gresh is a wholesaler, and thus unavailable to me as a consumer.

Gresh, are there any ways for us to know that our fish are from reliable sources? If so, how?

Please, I am only asking a question, not being sarcastic or anything! I highly respect your opinions Gresham!! :D And if there are tools at our disposal for more resposible reefkeeping, I would appreciate it! :D

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Unfortunatly, you as a consumer really have no way of telling what is, and what isn't juiced livestock. With MAC certification, it'll be even harder to tell whom is clean.

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, that is not very encouraging. :p

8. Click Here!

9. CowboyUp

CowboyUp Fire Worm

I noticed some "bashing" of LiveAquaria here. I ordered from them once and everything was awesome. Beautiful fish, great packing, and nothing dead! But that was about 8mos ago, maybe things have changed?

CowboyUp [smiley=cowboy.gif]