Yellow watchmen goby

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mkizla, Sep 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

Well I added yellow watchmen goby. And currently is not coming out of the rock. Should I be worried?

And my yellow watchmen goby has like shiny yellow eye ball like this one..
    http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/product/p-39371-yellow-watchman.jpg

When there is a black eye ball like...
    http://www.luckygoldfish.net/images/Yellow Watchman Goby.jpg
    This one.

Should i be worried about the eye differnce color?

Oh, and my blue fin damsel attacked or bothered him by poking the goby with his tail for few min, which i never seen any fish attack with tail. I am getting rid of the blue fin damsel tomorrow. I just hope my goby can survive today =/

2. Click Here!

3. ninty

ninty Flamingo Tongue

I have two gobies and they can be pretty secretive and shy, It will come out when it want's to. They can be affected by other fish so do keep an eye on it.

I think the problem you are seeing with the eye's are just the angle you are viewing them at, The two picture's you posted the eyes are the same colour but with the first one you are viewing the blood vessels in the back of the eye. It's the same as red eye in photography.

Ian.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I have had one for 6 years now and rarely see him. They are very reclusive and only come out of the rock on their terms. In fact, mine lived in the internal overflow of my 100G for over two years, I thought he was long gone until one day he appeared in my sump! I stuck him back in the display and my Sixline Wrasse started harassing him so I moved him to the 16G nano where he has been for 3 years now.

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Just keep an eye on him and make sure to have a cover. They will jump, especially if they are being harrassed or don't like where their at.

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

My watchman hid for a couple days, and now he's constantly out. Such a friendly little guy, eats like a pig as well. He actually shares his dens with my orange spot goby - cool to watch them both poke their heads out at the same time.

Give him time, he'll come out.

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

My yellow watchmen almost never comes out. I moved him into my reef tank a few days ago and am yet to see him in there.

8. Click Here!

9. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

I was interested in getting 6 line wrase..so is it a bad idea to get 6 line if i have yellow watchman?

Thx for advice everyone